Brad Gillis Speak of the Devil 1982 live............

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Brad Gillis Speak of the Devil 1982 live............

Post by harddriver »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: Brad Gillis Speak of the Devil 1982 live............

Post by Watson503 »

Brad is one of my all-time favorites. The Speak Of The Devil album is what started it all for me, it was the first metal album I bought as a kid and he is one of the main reasons I ever wanted to play an electric guitar. What a bad mofo for stepping-in after Torme and Randy like he did, the dude just rips.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:32 am Brad is one of my all-time favorites. The Speak Of The Devil album is what started it all for me, it was the first metal album I bought as a kid and he is one of the main reasons I ever wanted to play an electric guitar. What a bad mofo for stepping-in after Torme and Randy like he did, the dude just rips.
I read somewhere that Brad had 3 days to learn the songs before he played live with Ozzy.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

PLX wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:00 am
Watson503 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:32 am Brad is one of my all-time favorites. The Speak Of The Devil album is what started it all for me, it was the first metal album I bought as a kid and he is one of the main reasons I ever wanted to play an electric guitar. What a bad mofo for stepping-in after Torme and Randy like he did, the dude just rips.
I read somewhere that Brad had 3 days to learn the songs before he played live with Ozzy.
If you ever get the chance, read Rudy Sarzo's Off The Rails - it is a really good documentation of the early days with Randy and tours with Ozzy, all of the insanity hanging around Sharon, Ozzy, and crew. Brad had been flow-out to NY to audition and then after landing the job would stay in his hotel room and go check a few shows with Torme out and then bam, he was on the stage. I can't even imagine how that entire experience felt, especially those first few shows but he really shined.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

harddriver wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:33 am
Great stuff, but noticed that Ozzy is lip synching "Over The Mountain". :lol:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I'm guessing the studio touched up the vocals being that this was a live album and they wanted it to be good.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

harddriver wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:35 pm I'm guessing the studio touched up the vocals being that this was a live album and they wanted it to be good.
Yeah, the SOTD album was recorded over two nights at The Ritz and I'll post a couple pre-studio recordings from one of the shows - they also added some fills from Brad on some of the tracks I've noticed. The video above is from the SOTD dvd Sharon had released 10 years ago or so and it differs from the album in that it is from the Diary tour on their Irvine Meadows stop - now something I'd love to see is the footage MTV aired where during the encore Ozzy ripped his wig-off showing his freshly shaved head - I've looked for years and they've got that buried unfortunately.

One of the few pictures of Ozzy I could find bald during that period, he'd frequently rip the wigs off onstage haha