Nuno Tone Match Test

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: Nuno Tone Match Test

Post by harddriver »

Whenever I don't play the Rat for a long time I get to thinking I should sell it... and then I play it and it just is such a great pedal even though I can't play NUNO for shit it is his tone no doubt about it. I've decided not to sell it now...... I even think it sound great doing Badlands stuff with Nuno's settings.... :lol:

The crunch on the root notes of chords and muted scale runs is unmistakably RAT. 8-)
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:17 pm Whenever I don't play the Rat for a long time I get to thinking I should sell it... and then I play it and it just is such a great pedal even though I can't play NUNO for shit it is his tone no doubt about it. I've decided not to sell it now...... I even think it sound great doing Badlands stuff with Nuno's settings.... :lol:

The crunch on the root notes of chords and muted scale runs is unmistakably RAT. 8-)
Gear isn't selling worth a damn these days anyway.

Thanks O'Biden :!:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:13 pm
Well sure, but you gotta post a clip.

:twisted:
Yeah I know... but it takes me hours to upload to YT and my Nuno riffs are pretty weak at the moment... I did enjoy my jam session though so thanks PLX! ;)

It's well known that NUNO used/uses the 1985 Whiteface Rat....why you fighting it brother?............. 8-) :P
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:23 pm Yeah I know... but it takes me hours to upload to YT and my Nuno riffs are pretty weak at the moment... I did enjoy my jam session though so thanks PLX! ;)

It's well known that NUNO used/uses the 1985 Whiteface Rat....why you fighting it brother?............. 8-) :P
For what it's worth..

Metal Can IC UA-308HC's can be had right now at SmallBear Electronics for $5.50 :roll:

They have 774 in stock... correction 772 :D
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I don't know if the Metal can IC's sound any different than the flat plastic IC's. I think that from 1984 onwards they used the Motorola flat IC's chips. I'm fairly sure my 85 reissue has the flat LM308N chip.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:44 am I don't know if the Metal can IC's sound any different than the flat plastic IC's. I think that from 1984 onwards they used the Motorola flat IC's chips. I'm fairly sure my 85 reissue has the flat LM308N chip.
The one's I ordered are the Fairchild Semiconductor (NOS) metal-can version of the LM308 op-amp.