Nunotone® With ADA MP-1, RAT & CAB M+

PLX
Executive

Re: Nunotone® With ADA MP-1, RAT & CAB M+

Post by PLX »

I know this EQ info is very specific to the pickup you're using, but for what it's worth, here's the ReaEQ settings I used in ReaperDAW on my Nuno clips:

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I just got done running the Whiteface Rat through my little 5 watt single ended EL34 1x12 2203 bypassing the Jose master/diodes, amp cathode values are stock 2203, preamp gain on 8, some highs rolled back using the 1000pf preamp gain pot cap with my 12.6K Seymourizer II p/u and it was again NUNO to tee minus my playing. It might be a little closer with the Wes Hauch pickup, I may finally get going on the Nuno guitar when things slow down here......... :roll:

You will smile when you get yours together PLX................ 8-) If it doesn't nail the tone then you wired it wrong......... :P So don't wire it wrong... ;)
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:14 am I just got done running the Whiteface Rat through my little 5 watt single ended EL34 1x12 2203 bypassing the Jose master/diodes, amp cathode values are stock 2203, preamp gain on 8, some highs rolled back using the 1000pf preamp gain pot cap with my 12.6K Seymourizer II p/u and it was again NUNO to tee minus my playing. It might be a little closer with the Wes Hauch pickup, I may finally get going on the Nuno guitar when things slow down here......... :roll:

You will smile when you get yours together PLX................ 8-) If it doesn't nail the tone then you wired it wrong......... :P So don't wire it wrong... ;)
I looked at that "Wes Hauch" pickup today.

So it's a Seymour Duncan clone of the Bill Lawrence L500XL ?
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:17 am
harddriver wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:14 am I just got done running the Whiteface Rat through my little 5 watt single ended EL34 1x12 2203 bypassing the Jose master/diodes, amp cathode values are stock 2203, preamp gain on 8, some highs rolled back using the 1000pf preamp gain pot cap with my 12.6K Seymourizer II p/u and it was again NUNO to tee minus my playing. It might be a little closer with the Wes Hauch pickup, I may finally get going on the Nuno guitar when things slow down here......... :roll:

I looked at that "Wes Hauch" pickup today.

So it's a Seymour Duncan clone of the Bill Lawrence L500XL ?
No.....Duncan already has the Dimebucker. Wes Hauch is a major Dime fan but he wanted a pickup similar with more clarity and better note separation without being too hot hence the 14K and he is a modern metal player so it's supposed to be more balanced in the lows mids and highs but still tight on the low end. That is what I hear in the demo vids with my Marshall damaged ears. :lol: I think the Dimebucker is like 16.25K OHMS.

Kinda what I have with the Seymourizer II but with the characteristic of a blade pickup like the L500XL without the thin tone. I gotta get that fiddle together before I can pass full judgment on it though.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:28 am No.....Duncan already has the Dimebucker. Wes Hauch is a major Dime fan but he wanted a pickup similar with more clarity and better note separation without being too hot hence the 14K and he is a modern metal player so it's supposed to be more balanced in the lows mids and highs but still tight on the low end. That is what I hear in the demo vids with my Marshall damaged ears. :lol: I think the Dimebucker is like 16.25K OHMS.

Kinda what I have with the Seymourizer II but with the characteristic of a blade pickup like the L500XL without the thin tone. I gotta get that fiddle together before I can pass full judgment on it though.
I almost bought a Washburn N4 on TGP a few years ago.

I want one of those guitars so bad.

:twisted:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:32 am
I almost bought a Washburn N4 on TGP a few years ago.

I want one of those guitars so bad.

:twisted:
You missed your window of opportunity now, those prices for them are in the stratosphere today...... :roll:

I've been through just about every guitar,EBMM Axis, LP's, Explorers, V's, Ibanez RG's, Dean Dime,USA Dean baby Z, J Frog superstrat, standard strats and I am most at home with my Kramer Strats with a 12" straight radius, 6100 jumbo frets and heavy C almost a U back shape. I think the N4's are really cool guitars but I hate skinny super flat 16" radius or compound radius necks.

I played my old number 1 1983 Kramer today that I bought new and that guitar just plays like butter to this day. I try not to overplay it since I had it refretted a few years ago so I mostly play my KNE Franky and Warmoth Jake E Lee guitars and my number 2 1983 Kramer. The number II Kramer was worked on by the same luthier and it is not even close to my number 1. It's better than any newer Charvel but it just has a couple of issues, my number 1 is almost perfect in every way...Number II is hard to explain it's only a few serial numbers off of my number one and it's poplar wood like numerb 1 but it has a polyurethane finished neck and the Floyd G tends to go out of pitch at times no matter how i tweak it. I had my luthier rebuild the posts just like my other one, it just feels like the Floyd is off for some reason. I went through quite a few 1983 Kramers to get this one with the poplar body, I had another Kramer Carrera that was Maple body and I just didn't like it as much as my poplar number 1 so I sold it and kept looking until I found numer II. I still like it better than any new MIM Charvel or EVH guitar.

I did love my 2001 EBMM Axis though, I played the crap out of that guitar but in the end the 10" neck cramped my hands and I didn't like the 6105 frets other that that I loved it. I owned a Amber quilt and a Tobacco Burst EBMM axis, the Tobacco burst also wasn't as good a player as my Amber quilt so I moved it on. I traded the Amber Axis guitar for a Cameron Ocean Sovtek modded amp, that I gave to my brother as a thank you for helping me to rehab and multiple operations after getting hit head on by a semi truck.

I got a Charvel San Dimas ( alder body)in a trade it was alright I traded it for an RG100ES amp. I also got an EVH RWB striped model( basswood) in another trade and that guitar had no resonance to the body, it played alright, I gave it to a friend as a wallhanger gift.