PLX
Executive

Nuno Tone JCM800 RAT Jalen FW pickup

Post by PLX »

lll
Middle Manager

Re: Nuno Tone JCM800 RAT Jalen FW pickup

Post by lll »

Yes - that... is in the ballbark. By the hotdog stand.

And it has BALLLLLZ
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:58 am Yes - that... is in the ballbark. By the hotdog stand.

And it has BALLLLLZ
Yeah, I am very happy with the new pickup !

It seems to work well through a boosts into the JCM800.

The Nuno stuff with a RAT, and the VH stuff with the Clinch Ep-pre all sounds great.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

This one sounds better than your earlier NUNO's without the FW pickup. This clip has more presence and bite and it is tighter but not tight enough per se.... ;)

My guess is that you are running the amp either at wall or at least 110ACV and that equates to a tighter sound.

What NFB are you running here?

Judging byy the clip I think you are still running a 47K NFB...100K that's were that extra tightness is.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:05 pm This one sounds better than your earlier NUNO's without the FW pickup. This clip has more presence and bite and it is tighter but not tight enough per se.... ;)

My guess is that you are running the amp either at wall or at least 110ACV and that equates to a tighter sound.

What NFB are you running here?

Judging byy the clip I think you are still running a 47K NFB...100K that's were that extra tightness is.
Yeah, I hear it too.

I've got the amp variac'ed at 90V in that clip, and that works great for EVH, but it's too squishing for the Nuno stuff.

Needs to be stiffer, more immediate.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:06 pm
Yeah, I hear it too.

I've got the amp variac'ed at 90V in that clip, and that works great for EVH, but it's too squishing for the Nuno stuff.

Needs to be stiffer, more immediate.
It doesn't sound bad, this clip is big and wide with a nice present bite but it's still not tight enough. I am surprised you are still trying to run the amp at 90 ACV for NUNO and not even try running it at wall voltage.... :? I have laid out your solution in a previous thread. :| :?

I don't have to tell you what the definition of insanity is....
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:26 pm It doesn't sound bad, this clip is big and wide with a nice present bite but it's still not tight enough. I am surprised you are still trying to run the amp at 90 ACV for NUNO and not even try running it at wall voltage.... :? I have laid out your solution in a previous thread. :| :?

I don't have to tell you what the definition of insanity is....
It's not insanity, it's laziness.

I don't wanna futz with gear.. I know that's sounds contradictory to what I spend a lot of time doing, but I really just wanna play the guitar.

I hate all the time it takes to fuck around with pedals, amps, plug-ins.. :x I just wanna get a good sound out of a signal chain and then play.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:29 pm I hate all the time it takes to fuck around with pedals, amps, plug-ins.. :x I just wanna get a good sound out of a signal chain and then play.
Ed's signal chain is not Nuno's signal chain...that's why the RAT works for NUNO and not Ed stuff...I guess that's why you have built all these different pedals... :?

You're the one wanting the NUNO tone. :| At least turn up your variac to 110/115ACV and see what it sounds like. It should take you what about 3 seconds to turn the voltage dial and then see what you get. :|
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:51 pm Ed's signal chain is not Nuno's signal chain...that's why the RAT works for NUNO and not Ed stuff...I guess that's why you have built all these different pedals... :?

You're the one wanting the NUNO tone. :| At least turn up your variac to 110/115ACV and see what it sounds like. It should take you what about 3 seconds to turn the voltage dial and then see what you get. :|
You're not the boss of me.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:10 pm You're not the boss of me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah... but ya know I'm right! ;) If you turn that bloody variac up to 115/120 you might even get away with 47K NFB but that's another story all together........... :roll: :lol: My recommendations still stand.