New Pre-Amp IS HERE ... videos on page 2

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

New Pre-Amp IS HERE ... videos on page 2

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Had this/these built, now just waiting for LockDown to end so I can go and pick them up

You plug them into a Poweramp to run them.....One side is a 5150/5152 pre amp section (switchable and blend-able) other side is a Randall Satan preamp section). separate inputs/outputs, so can run in stereo. the prototypes sounded KILLER so can't wait to get them

241349553_405343721107428_2355730766541098390_n.jpeg
241486495_1196470190851503_1013880608119828397_n.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sytharnia NZ on Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: New Pre-Amp incomings

Post by harddriver »

Wow... that's a really great idea! It looks really well built, I assume a local builder custom built it? IS that a SLO clone chassis?

So you will be able to run the 5150 preamp side and the Natas preamp side at the same time through a stereo power amp so you will be biamping two different amps. That's either gonna sound glorious or they will fight each other sonically. :P

Either way you cut it that is a cool preamp, if you can't go pick it up can he ship it to you?
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

That looks fun!
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

harddriver wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:08 pm Wow... that's a really great idea! It looks really well built, I assume a local builder custom built it? IS that a SLO clone chassis?

So you will be able to run the 5150 preamp side and the Natas preamp side at the same time through a stereo power amp so you will be biamping two different amps. That's either gonna sound glorious or they will fight each other sonically. :P

Either way you cut it that is a cool preamp, if you can't go pick it up can he ship it to you?
Yeah local guy in New Zealand .. he is a genius. He actually designed and made those "turret boards" himself to suit his idea of orientation of bits for best tone (Dave Friedman talks a lot about that on tone talk how wires and components running in certain angles with each other change the sounds ... goes way over my head though haha) . The chassis is actually an old metal shelf from a grocery store cut down to size hahaha .. apparently it was a son-of-a-bitch to drill out hahaha

Yes will be able to run them in Stereo, the Satan would be dialled in "dark and fat" and the 5150 will be bright ... I currently run my Katana/Valveking in the same way and it sounds glorious so this should be next level. He sort of looked at me funny when I told the design idea around that, I guess thinking it could be a bad clash. Got a message from him a week ago just buzzing at how great they sound in stereo
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

That is a great looking preamp, so it sounds like the two preamp circuits play nicely with one another so that's awesome. 8-)

I hope you get to play it soon but your Crack addict PM has other ideas............... :lol: :roll:

It seems the NATAS is Fortins ripoff of a Larry Dino I believe. :o
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

harddriver wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:13 pm That is a great looking preamp, so it sounds like the two preamp circuits play nicely with one another so that's awesome. 8-)

I hope you get to play it soon but your Crack addict PM has other ideas............... :lol: :roll:

It seems the NATAS is Fortins ripoff of a Larry Dino I believe. :o
yes you are 100% right about our pathetic PM dude .. fuck she is a cunt... her ego thinks her legacy will be the lowest death toll from covid in the world because of what she did, but her real legacy will be hundreds of billions of dollars debt (1 billion a week for making Aucklanders sit at home not working just in this lockdown) and MASSIVE mental health issues that will run long after she is just a bad memory

Yeah I remember seeing all the shit about Fortin years ago .. ultimately they all stole the basic designs anyway so meh haha
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

It looks like the same concept as the Demeter TGP-3.

It's an all-tube preamp, that you then run into a clean power-amp.

Hope you post some clips when you get it, so we can all rock out to it !
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

PLX wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:10 pm It looks like the same concept as the Demeter TGP-3.

It's an all-tube preamp, that you then run into a clean power-amp.

Hope you post some clips when you get it, so we can all rock out to it !
oh yeah looks similar.. mine is WAY cheaper though hahahaha
yeah will post clips for sure .. the wait to be allowed out of my "bubble" is killing me
Nigel
Recruit

Post by Nigel »

Last edited by Nigel on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Nigel wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:32 pmWhat was that Demeter based off of?
I called Demeter about 4~5 years ago looking for a footswitch for a TGP-3. It's uses a 6-pin proprietary connection, and you pretty much have to buy it from them.

The clean channel is based on a Fender Bassman. The other two channels are what you hear on the School Of Fish - 3 Strange Days record.