So a 1967 all original Fender Bandmaster followed me home today...

harddriver
Grand Poobah

So a 1967 all original Fender Bandmaster followed me home today...

Post by harddriver »

So all you guys know what my hypothesis to VH1 album tone is.... so I always keep my eye out for Fender Bandmasters on CL. I sold my entire Dime rig the other day to a Dime guy on CL, he bought my Furman PQ3, Dean Dime ML, and my 1989 Randall RG100ES. I enjoyed my tone quest replicating Dimes rig but the ML was not a comfortable guitar to play( I'm a strat guy), the BLUSA L500XL was a disappointment as it only sounded good running through the Dime Rig and I just don' t play enough Dime stuff even though I love the tone. So all that was sold off as a Dime package the only thing I didn't let go was my vintage blue MX 6 band as I still use that for my EVH VH-1 and VH-2 forays.

Anyway back the 67 Bandmaster, since I was cashed up I had been watching this 67 Bandmaster ad for awhile now, so I emailed the guy and went up to look at it today, it was in great shape and it sounded really good, so I peeled off the greenbacks to the guy and loaded it up in my truck.

Why do all old Fender amps have this old musty smell????? I swear they all do, was the smell in the TOLEX glue or something!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :lol:

So I will be re-amping my 68 EVH plexi this weekend ala the 78 Selland arena show and I will give you guys my honest opinions about it.

I also think I'm going to get a Friedman BEOD deluxe to run into the front of it and probably a Suhr reactive load box.

So there Rocky................I do have moments of weakness and I splurge.................... :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by harddriver on Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
lll
Middle Manager

Re: So a 1967 all original Fender Bandmaster followed me home today...

Post by lll »

harddriver wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:06 amI also think I'm going to get a Friedman BEOD deluxe to run into the front of it and probably a Suhr reactive load box.
Congrats!

And yes, run that BEOD Deluxe in front. 8-)
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

So I plugged my Jake E Lee guitar straight into the Bandmaster and immediately I started jamming Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even clean it sounded damn good, and I'm a 100% Marshall guy, I was like WhyTF do I like this tone so much it's too clean but I liked it anyway. :P

I still need to pull the chassis and see if the filter caps were ever replaced, but I didn't hear any excessive noise, he even said the tremelo circuit works but I need to pick up a single latching footswitch for it.

Yes I will be picking up the BEOD Deluxe for sure... the jury is still out on the Suhr reactive load but for 349$ I may just do it because I have a couple of different uses for it.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Good for you man! I like it. You gotta post a Dean Dime pic for me or email it to me. You will love the BE Deluxe pedal. That is a nice rig man. I look forward to hearing what you think about it all and how it sounds.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

lll wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:47 am
harddriver wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:06 amI also think I'm going to get a Friedman BEOD deluxe to run into the front of it and probably a Suhr reactive load box.
Congrats!

And yes, run that BEOD Deluxe in front. 8-)
Hey III ...where do you have your internal gain trimmers set on your BEOD Deluxe?

I keep hearing they should be set at about 9 oclock for gain that's not a crazy amount. Have you opened your up? I guess they are set at 12:00 noon from the factory from what I read.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

RockyStar wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:33 am Good for you man! I like it. You gotta post a Dean Dime pic for me or email it to me. You will love the BE Deluxe pedal. That is a nice rig man. I look forward to hearing what you think about it all and how it sounds.
It wasn't a USA Dean Rocky, it was cool for what it was but it was nowhere near a USA model IMHO. When I was a teenager I bought a Zebra USA Dean Baby Z with a Khaler tremelo and played the shit out of that guitar along with my Kramer, I don't even remember who I sold it too or if I traded it.

The Dime ML was a black 2007 MIC Dean Midnight model that had a Made in Germany Floyd Rose and it had beautiful abalone block inlays and abalone DEAN name an wings, the body, neck and headstock had triple cream binding like a LP custom. For an import Dean of that era they only made 50 of them( I found a letter from a Dean rep about them) but I didn't really like the fact that Dean made the bodies thinner that what the original ML's were. All in all it was a pretty nice Dime model considering what the import Washburns are going for now....ouch :roll:

I don't have any pic hosting accounts since I lost my password to photobucket years ago.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

harddriver wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:48 pm Hey III ...where do you have your internal gain trimmers set on your BEOD Deluxe?

I keep hearing they should be set at about 9 oclock for gain that's not a crazy amount. Have you opened your up? I guess they are set at 12:00 noon from the factory from what I read.
Mine's stock - no fiddling with pots inside.

Works for me.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.