Yes, A Bad Power Cable Can Blow The HT Fuse In Your Marshall

lll
Middle Manager

Yes, A Bad Power Cable Can Blow The HT Fuse In Your Marshall

Post by lll »

Verified 100%.

I've had intermittent blown HT fuses here and there in the months after I had installed a replacement OT in my Marshall.

Tried a number of troubleshooting items and eventually focused on the stupid power cable (IEC style of course).

Swapped out power cable with another I had laying around (doesn't everybody have at least 10 spares laying around?).

I'm thinking to myself, "what are the chances this is it?" ... and I responded to myself, "slim to none". :lol:

But yep that's what it was - bad power cable. Been using amp regularly for a month for couple hours at a time; cranked, not cranked etc... no blown HT fuse.

So there you have it.

That should be the 1st step when your Marshall blows the HT fuse - replace the power cable.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Re: Yes, A Bad Power Cable Can Blow The HT Fuse In Your Marshall

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:13 pm Verified 100%.

I've had intermittent blown HT fuses here and there in the months after I had installed a replacement OT in my Marshall.

Tried a number of troubleshooting items and eventually focused on the stupid power cable (IEC style of course).

Swapped out power cable with another I had laying around (doesn't everybody have at least 10 spares laying around?).

I'm thinking to myself, "what are the chances this is it?" ... and I responded to myself, "slim to none". :lol:

But yep that's what it was - bad power cable. Been using amp regularly for a month for couple hours at a time; cranked, not cranked etc... no blown HT fuse.

So there you have it.

That should be the 1st step when your Marshall blows the HT fuse - replace the power cable.
I hate those.

They should be hard-wired into the chassis with a strain-relief, just like the old days.