harddriver
Grand Poobah

Metropoulos Super-Plex MK II - RELEASED! September 2022

Post by harddriver »

PLX
Executive

Re: Metropoulos Super-Plex MK II - RELEASED! September 2022

Post by PLX »

They've prema-bant me twice now.. so I stopped by his forum this morning and joined again.

I look forward to participating in the discussions.

:|

The last post was from 6 months ago where someone posted to ask if anyone was even there anymore. George chimed in several weeks later to say he considered locking the entire forum and leaving it up as a "readable archive".
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Yeah, not to kick a long-dead horse, but the fucking jagoffs on that forum (MightyMike, Strat78, etc) scared everyone away a long, long time ago.

It's a graveyard now... it's been a graveyard for years. :lol:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

So he is back in business now?
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

RockyStar wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:10 pmSo he is back in business now?
I think he's been in business. Many years ago he was selling amplifier kits and then offering tech support on his forum.

At some point, he stopped selling the kits and stopped taking any interest in running the forum. He left two emotionally insecure retards to run the forum, and they literally ran the forum into the ground.

After years of outcry across all the other gear forums about these two ban-happy morons, George finally fired them as moderators, and now Dave Friedman and he moderate it.. supposedly. In reality no one is moderating it. It's just been sitting there like roadkill on the Information Superhighway.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

No...Rocky is talking about that George was posting in 2020 that his orders fell alot during covid and he was not sure the company was going to survive, he had let some people go that worked for him and there was rumblings that he did not deliver some amps to people that had paid as well. :shock:

To me that was shockingly sad news as George had always be a good person, upstanding and went the extra mile at least with all of my business dealing with him over the years. He went through a bad divorce with a woman that by all account suffered mental issues so I'm sure the child support was based on his top earnings and if that drops the courts don't care, they tell the man get more jobs.

I harbor no ill will towards George I always and still do wish him and his business success. 8-)

I'm guessing he found a way to keep things going, I think I remember he had to get another job and only build amps when he could. Maybe orders picked back up enough. I always thought and still do think the Metroplex was the ultimate modern plexi...If I was a gigging person that needed a loop and all those features I would have bought that amp myself.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:47 pm No...Rocky is talking about that George was posting in 2020 that his orders fell alot during covid and he was not sure the company was going to survive, he had let some people go that worked for him and there was rumblings that he did not deliver some amps to people that had paid as well. :shock:

To me that was shockingly sad news as George had always be a good person, upstanding and went the extra mile at least with all of my business dealing with him over the years. He went through a bad divorce with a woman that by all account suffered mental issues so I'm sure the child support was based on his top earnings and if that drops the courts don't care, they tell the man get more jobs.

I harbor no ill will towards George I always and still do wish him and his business success. 8-)

I'm guessing he found a way to keep things going, I think I remember he had to get another job and only build amps when he could. Maybe orders picked back up enough. I always thought and still do think the Metroplex was the ultimate modern plexi...If I was a gigging person that needed a loop and all those features I would have bought that amp myself.
I knew about some of that.

Shades of Cameron & Rockstah type stuff with the "where's my amp" business.. :roll:

The plandemic was partly designed to wipe out small businesses. Thanks WEF :!:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

harddriver wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:47 pm No...Rocky is talking about that George was posting in 2020 that his orders fell alot during covid and he was not sure the company was going to survive, he had let some people go that worked for him and there was rumblings that he did not deliver some amps to people that had paid as well. :shock:

Bingo!

I had no idea about the divorce. Are there ever good ones? Not with a woman involved...lol. Hopefully he can make amps again. I did like his Metroplex and would buy one if it was available.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

I bought one of George's fucked up kits... why fucked up?

It took "Metroamp" 3 fucking times to finally send me the correct phenolic board with all of the turrets in their correct places.

Three fucking times.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.