I actually went to a Guitar Center on Saturday......

harddriver
Grand Poobah

I actually went to a Guitar Center on Saturday......

Post by harddriver »

I needed to go for a ride and I needed to get some schaller straplocks and they actually had them in stock, so I picked up two guitar straps at 50% off both and a pack of strings and I was going to play a ESP eclipse II but they only had the really cheap low end 256 eclipse so I didn't play it, I wanted to check out the neck to see if could even grow to like the profile and backshape, the 256 looked pretty cheaply built and thinner than I thought they were from pics.

Actually they were pretty well stocked with a wall full of guitars considering the importing and supply chain issues for a bankrupt company I don't know how they stay in business these days, I remember going to the original Guitar Center on 95 and Western avenue in Chicago it was like going to the Mecca of guitars for a young kid in the 80's back when you could haggle them down pricewise they were the worst salesmen, it you didn't haggle they got even pissier.

Anyway they had an EVH Iconic amp head in stock and thought about playing it just to see and I forced my self to move along. All in all the trip didn't suck and I didn't wear a mask and I could tell that kids working there didn't like that but I just smiled and killed them all with corona kindness, I guess the fact that I look like a really grump biker guy bodes in my favor with the soyness of this generation..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: I actually went to a Guitar Center on Saturday......

Post by harddriver »

Oh yeah I was this close to buying Wampler Tumnus deluxe they had in stock and I talked myself out of that purchase too, see.... I have will power.... :lol: :lol: :roll:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: I actually went to a Guitar Center on Saturday......

Post by RockyStar »

Ha! This day you had will power but tomorrow when you go back you will buy the Tumnus, the new ESP they just got in and try it out on the Iconic amp and then be goosing for that as well...lol. That voodoo stuff is tricky and can come back and bite you sometimes. Be careful. :lol: