Echoplex Preamp Pedals

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: Echoplex Preamp Pedals

Post by harddriver »

Yeah I started going on Metro around 2005 or so, I really enjoyed it, alot of great people were over there and the EVH section was the absolute best. 8-)

My account was tied to an old email account and somehow I forgot my password and I could not recover it because I never update the new email account so I lost access and I never made another account. My old posts are still over there as harddriver.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:12 pm Yeah I started going on Metro around 2005 or so, I really enjoyed it, alot of great people were over there and the EVH section was the absolute best. 8-)

My account was tied to an old email account and somehow I forgot my password and I could not recover it because I never update the new email account so I lost access and I never made another account. My old posts are still over there as harddriver.
Yeah, so you remember the whole "Robin L." episode then.. :lol:
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

I can post a gut shot of the Trilogy when I get around to it.

He did a fantastic job.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
WGAFISHOME
Recruit

Post by WGAFISHOME »

Not to be a downer but just buy a fully clapped out Plex and use that for the pre amp tone. Which does sound fucking GREAT!

The pedals are good facsimiles but just get the real deal to 100% sound like the real deal?
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:35 pm I can post a gut shot of the Trilogy when I get around to it.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:34 pm
harddriver wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:12 pm Yeah I started going on Metro around 2005 or so, I really enjoyed it, alot of great people were over there and the EVH section was the absolute best. 8-)

Yeah, so you remember the whole "Robin L." episode then.. :lol:
I am still unsure about Robin L's true identity but I feel his information was 100% spot on, he knew things that I have never heard and they turned out to be quite credible as we investigated the claims, me, Rgalpin, Rockstah, BMF5150, and others.

I was the one who asked Robin L if he was Rudy Lerin in that thread, I made the connection pretty quickly even if he wasn't Rudy he knew extreme details that seemed to pan out, but as with anything YMMV.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:15 pm I am still unsure about Robin L's true identity but I feel his information was 100% spot on, he knew things that I have never heard and they turned out to be quite credible as we investigated the claims, me, Rgalpin, Rockstah, BMF5150, and others.

I was the one who asked Robin L if he was Rudy Lerin in that thread, I made the connection pretty quickly even if he wasn't Rudy he knew extreme details that seemed to pan out, but as with anything YMMV.
He was probably a roadie.. possibly a tech on one or more of the early tours.

I remember he corroborated the resistive load thing that Mark Cameron had shown years earlier (the mystical "Jose Load Box").

Stumbled upon this video a while back.. :roll:

psychodave
FNG

Post by psychodave »

I have one of the first badgerplex pedals (non-ac) built in 2010. I love it. I had an “AC” version, but it was introducing a 60 cycle hum into everything, so I sent it back. Compared to my real echoplex, the badgerplex sounded best.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

psychodave wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:54 pm I have one of the first badgerplex pedals (non-ac) built in 2010. I love it. I had an “AC” version, but it was introducing a 60 cycle hum into everything, so I sent it back. Compared to my real echoplex, the badgerplex sounded best.
IIRC BadgerFX owner's name (Robert), bought the Trilogy and the 1011 handful of years ago; both great pedals.

Kept in touch with him, but a few years ago he said he was closing up shop for good.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.