Hey III I have an Eventide Pitchfactor question for you...

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Hey III I have an Eventide Pitchfactor question for you...

Post by harddriver »

Are there more than one algorithm while in the H910/949 mode. People make it sound like you can choose just a H910 or just a H949 algorithm.

Is this true? Or is it just one algorithm for H910/949. If there are more than one how do I access those separate one when I am in the H910/949 selection?

Thanks!
lll
Middle Manager

Re: Hey III I have an Eventide Pitchfactor question for you...

Post by lll »

IIRC there's the 910, then 949, then Micropitch or Modern or something.

I'll have to fire mine up later to verify and remember
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I just don't see a way to get at the different alorithms if there are any with the mode selection. When I'm in H910/H949 mode the manual does not state that you can scroll into other algo's such as H-949 and H910 separately but I keep seeing people referencing distinct selections. :roll:

I tend to prefer the H910/H949 setting but used the Micropitch one for Balance tone at the +9 -9 cents detune occasionally. 8-)

Thanks for looking III, I appreciate it.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Looks like this might just be a semantics thing, or a software thing.

Using the H9 Control software (hooking up the Pitchfactor pedal to your computer via USB)...

Within the H910/949 algorithim...

There's a "Type" setting where full anti-clockwise (all the way to left) it's the 910.

Then turn clockwise (to right), and then it's the 949.

Then turn more clockwise and then it's "Modern".

So, you have option of "910", "949" or "Modern".

pitchfactor.jpg
Now, on the pedal itself, not sure - but it's gotta be there.

I use mine in a home studio setting, so I'm always using the H9 Control software to config the pedal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

BTW the software models the knobs, so I would assume on the pedal itself, the "Depth/Key" knob would switch between 910,949,Modern.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

lll wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:23 am BTW the software models the knobs, so I would assume on the pedal itself, the "Depth/Key" knob would switch between 910,949,Modern.
I'll turn the Depth/Key knobs the next time I have it on and I'll see if it toggles through those selections on the screen. Strange the manual makes absolutely no mention of the ability to select between three type of different algorithms for such a complex pedal.

Thanks for looking III! I appreciate it! :P
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I just wanted to update you about the H910/H949 issue.

Well it is exactly as you descirbed III. I turned my Pitchfactor on with the Depth/Key knob turned all the way counterclockwise it is in H910 mode when you turn it clockwise it goes into H949-1 mode, if you keep going clockwise it goes to H-949-2 mode and then modern. DO you have to select while the screen display it or does it automatically go into these other modes?

Because even after I turn the depth/key knob where I see H949-1 displayed the screen reverts back to the 910/949 display.

Thanks for all the help III!