Boss GE-10 Equalizer

PLX
Executive

Re: Boss GE-10 Equalizer

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:49 am You're all ready to play Somebody Get Me a Doctor PLX................................................
https://soundcloud.com/user-330384975/ms-outro
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Sounds great.... Is the SchafferVega too much or does it add just the right amount of compression?

Well.... what is your verdict on the GE-10 if it everything you hoped it would be?? After playing my GE-10's head to head with my Vintage MXR6 band I just preferred the MXR it is more raunchy like you hear on VH1 which I prefer.

The GE-10 is the most quiet equalizer I have played hand down.

What pickup are you using in the clip? The Super 70??
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:22 am Sounds great.... Is the SchafferVega too much or does it add just the right amount of compression?

Well.... what is your verdict on the GE-10 if it everything you hoped it would be?? After playing my GE-10's head to head with my Vintage MXR6 band I just preferred the MXR it is more raunchy like you hear on VH1 which I prefer.

The GE-10 is the clean boost I've always been looking for.

plus you control the shape going into the front of the amp :idea:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:29 am
harddriver wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:22 am Sounds great.... Is the SchafferVega too much or does it add just the right amount of compression?

The GE-10 is the clean boost I've always been looking for.

plus you control the shape going into the front of the amp :idea:
Excellent PLX I'm glad you are happy with it! Al Estrada loves his GE-10 as well!

Whic pickup were you using the Super 70 you recently got?

Maybe this weekend I may try reamping my 68 Ed plexi with the Fender Bandmaster I have it sitting there saying play me you idiot!!!!
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I've thought about a Schaffer Vega Storm or the regular one just for kicks....because it's the one of the few things about the VH lore I haven't tried yet!
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:33 amWhic pickup were you using the Super 70 you recently got?
That's my Floyd guitar with the High Order 8.9k asymmetric wind humbucker, A2 mags.

Nothing on that track but EQ.. no Shaffer-Vega pre amp, no EP pre either. I added some Sunset Sound reverb impulse response in post production.

I gotta say, I love the way the GE-10 boosts the signal cleanly, but also allows you to carve out the lows and the highs.. boosting mostly the mids.
Woolie-Nelson
Recruit

Post by Woolie-Nelson »

Well, hot diggity dog. That is one hell of a pedal and looks like it is in great condition. You don't see those every day and not like that.