Your next pedal?

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Your next pedal?

Post by RockyStar »

Highwind Amplification Direwolf
iu-3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I have a BYOC Boss OD-1 clone 14 pin Raytheon OP AMP chip incoming so I will be revisiting that pedal again after selling my Thunder Tomate Taxi Driver OD1 clone about ten years ago.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

I ordered the Walrus Eras pedal. Looks promising from what I have read/heard on some clips. I suspect it would play nicely with various amps. We shall see...

Walrus Audio Eras.png

The Walrus Audio Eras Five-State Distortion pours on high-gain distortion to create mythical level riffs that’ll leave everyone seeing stars. This 'no apologies', high-gain distortion pedal is ready to chug, shred and palm mute with tight response and multiple distortion textures. Use the Blend knob at max for a full distortion onslaught or roll back the Blend knob to creatively stack and mix other dirt pedals placed in front of Eras. Great for bassists that want to blend in their dry signal as well. Anywhere you set it, the Eras delivers a diverse world of speaker ripping sounds.

The Eras features a five-position rotary knob that offers the following gain states:

I. Tight mode with a slight mid-cut, LED hard clipping, and internal volume control. Fastest response, great for palm muting.
II. Tight mode with a slight mid-cut and silicon hard clipping. Smooth with added compression.
III. Dual clipping mode with a slight mid-cut and both silicon and LED hard clipping. Rich and full with added sustain.
IV. Rhythm mode with a deeper mid-cut, LED hard clipping, and internal volume control. Scooped mids, tight response.
V. Rhythm mode with a deeper mid-cut and silicon hard clipping. Rhythmic, warm and full.

Think of each position as a different “flavor” of the pedal. Blend in dry signal or other pedals in combination with the gain states for a near-infinite amount of distortion sounds. The Eras comes in a translucent red enclosure with yellow, cream, and black ink. Artwork by Adam Forster features an apocalyptical four-horned, winged bull ready to stampede into any mosh pit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.