Return to the 80's

If it's rackable, put it here
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Return to the 80's

Post by RockyStar »

Am I the only one that would love to see some of this great rack gear be produced again and readily available to the public? Even better if some of the quirks were improved upon and fixed. I would buy some things, would you?
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: Return to the 80's

Post by Watson503 »

THIS^^^!!!

I'm with you, brother! I went on a viaje the other night looking around to see what is out there these days and there's stuff to be had used but I'd love to see it in production. There was this dude that was posting on sevenstring for a while that had a business he was running buying-up as much rack gear as he could find and he had a pretty awesome collection of stuff for sale going. Problem was, the dude had an admitted raging pill addiction and was in Los Angeles living out of a motel room hoping to get a storefront - I don't think he made it out alive, sadly.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

I missed the boat on the whole rack thing.

Started playing before they existed. All we had back then were "pedal boards".

I do remember being at Rockin' Robin in Houston when they first came out and I saw guys demo'ing them on the sales floor.

It was like looking at some Star Trek shit to a 17-year-old kid with a couple stomp boxes and an amp. :D
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Overall rack gear is superior to "amp + pedalboard" in a few ways (not talking about the speakers obviously).

easier to transport (can fit it all in one enclosure)

much easier to "change tones" (no pedalboard tap dance)
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:31 am Overall rack gear is superior to "amp + pedalboard" in a few ways (not talking about the speakers obviously).

That is what switchers are for. :) (they are a blessing to those who can't dance).

I would love some pre's, power amps and FX units to come back into full production. Call me crazy, call me nostalgic but I thought some of those units were amazing.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:40 pm
lll wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:31 am Overall rack gear is superior to "amp + pedalboard" in a few ways (not talking about the speakers obviously).

That is what switchers are for. :) (they are a blessing to those who can't dance).

I would love some pre's, power amps and FX units to come back into full production. Call me crazy, call me nostalgic but I thought some of those units were amazing.
ADA MP-1 FTW
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:49 pm
RockyStar wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:40 pm

ADA MP-1 FTW
That was one I definitely had in mind.