Jackson Guitars

Watson503
Middle Manager

Jackson Guitars

Post by Watson503 »

We were discussing Jackson in the What Are You Listening To thread and figured I'd start a thread here on Jackson guitars. That blue Wild Card limited series guitar came out a little while back I dug, most lately unless it has been out of the custom shop not so much - that made me think of that 23 fret custom build that passed QC a few years ago haha

Here are a few I've owned over the years

Bought this one almost ten years ago to the day when I decided to pick the guitar up again - cheap JS Rhoads:

Japanese DK2M I wish I'd never sold

Grabbed this off the net - this is pretty sick:

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Re: Jackson Guitars

Post by sytharnia NZ »

looking forward to this thread .. here are some of the ones I have/had

These 2 are gone (the Rhoads and the Star. .. the other guitar is one I made). sold them a couple of years ago
ImageImage

This is technically a Charvel that I butchered

Snakeskin is a customshop

Rhoads that I sold 2 weeks ago

This is a late 90's Rhoads neck on a body I made (so still a jackson in my mind haha)

No idea what model this is or where it was made but this guitar is awesome

Have also owned an FB2 and a King V that I can't find pictures of
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

sytharnia NZ wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:00 am looking forward to this thread .. here are some of the ones I have/had

These 2 are gone (the Rhoads and the Star. .. the other guitar is one I made). sold them a couple of years ago
ImageImage

This is technically a Charvel that I butchered
Some really sick guitars there - love that black/pink Rhoads and that snakeskin CS....that Charvel has strong Chris Holmes vibes! Awesome!!!

I miss the old Jackson Charvel Forum, it is still up but seems when they made forum changes a few years back a lot of the old content was lost - there were some really awesome threads with history and insight into the guitars and stories over the years, Holmes' yellow piss guitar for one.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:48 pm

Some really sick guitars there - love that black/pink Rhoads and that snakeskin CS....that Charvel has strong Chris Holmes vibes! Awesome!!!

I miss the old Jackson Charvel Forum, it is still up but seems when they made forum changes a few years back a lot of the old content was lost - there were some really awesome threads with history and insight into the guitars and stories over the years, Holmes' yellow piss guitar for one.
The pink Rhoads looked great but sound awful without the emgs (I hate emgs so they had to go) ... it was just dull dead sounding.

The customshop is great .. the neck is super wide and quite skinny so takes a little getting use to for some guys (the wider gap between strings throws people at first), but once you adjust it is killer

I use to love that forum as well ... I hit up the guy that ran it more than once to sell me that Holmes lion V he had .... always said there was no amount of money that make him part with it ... probably good for my marriage that he said no :lol:
Woolie-Nelson
Recruit

Post by Woolie-Nelson »

Watson503 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:37 am We were discussing Jackson in the What Are You Listening To thread and figured I'd start a thread here on Jackson guitars. That blue Wild Card limited series guitar came out a little while back I dug, most lately unless it has been out of the custom shop not so much - that made me think of that 23 fret custom build that passed QC a few years ago haha

Grabbed this off the net - this is pretty sick:

That Warrior is beautiful. I like the green guitar too.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Always dug this for some reason, thought I'd add it here as I'm not sure how much is left from the old JCF board

Mustaine's 86 King V order form:

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

The Jackson Fast As Fuck campaign/guitars premiered today - I'm not that impressed with the offerings but hey, some may dig them:

To get a glimpse of these I broke-down and watched a few minutes of the below video and cringed when my avatarsake proclaimed Randy's polka-dot V was made by Jackson (@the 6 minute mark)...it of course was not, Karl Sandoval built the polka dot V and afterwards Randy went to Grover...Anyway, shit like that just irks me - know your fucking history!!!

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:57 am The Jackson Fast As Fuck campaign/guitars premiered today - I'm not that impressed with the offerings but hey, some may dig them:

To get a glimpse of these I broke-down and watched a few minutes of the below video and cringed when my avatarsake proclaimed Randy's polka-dot V was made by Jackson (@the 6 minute mark)...it of course was not, Karl Sandoval built the polka dot V and afterwards Randy went to Grover...Anyway, shit like that just irks me - know your fucking history!!!

yeah can't believe they don't know the history of a guitar company they are reviewing .. annoying as hell

Really got nothing out of watching that video. I think I guess I need to try one (if they ever come to New Zealand) to see what the hell a Fast as Fuck guitar is hahaha
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

sytharnia NZ wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:00 am
Watson503 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:57 am The Jackson Fast As Fuck campaign/guitars premiered today - I'm not that impressed with the offerings but hey, some may dig them:

yeah can't believe they don't know the history of a guitar company they are reviewing .. annoying as hell

Really got nothing out of watching that video. I think I guess I need to try one (if they ever come to New Zealand) to see what the hell a Fast as Fuck guitar is hahaha
:lol:
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

The Cavestany Death Angel is now up for pre-order. The only offering (other than CS of course) is a pro series so I'm guessing Indonesia and these come with a damn Floyd Rose Special...definite pass for me but I'm sure plenty will dig them

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... atin-black