MagFRAG Pickups

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

MagFRAG Pickups

Post by RockyStar »

This is an interesting concept. I am not sure why it hasn't been done sooner?

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: MagFRAG Pickups

Post by harddriver »

So how are these MAGFRAG pickups different than traditional pickups....in the one quick picture it looked like multiple smaller magnets versus one long bar magnet.... So what would be the benefit to this new design????

Wasn't there a Duncan STAG MAG or something like that years ago?????

https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/stag-mag
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Anyway cool video... I like Rappaport's playing so I stayed for the JAMS..... :lol:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

harddriver wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:50 pm So how are these MAGFRAG pickups different than traditional pickups....in the one quick picture it looked like multiple smaller magnets versus one long bar magnet.... So what would be the benefit to this new design????

Wasn't there a Duncan STAG MAG or something like that years ago?????

https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/stag-mag
My understanding is various magnet types on various parts of the pickup rather than one magnet for everything.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Proudly made in the USA, MAGFRAG pickups represent a modern update on the classic PAF humbucker of the 1950s. MAGFRAGS are a dual coil, three-magnet (rather than a typical single bar magnet) electric guitar pickup with superb clarity, detail and warmth for a stunningly direct sound with breathtaking realism.

Multi-magnet construction, Alnico II (1st and 2nd strings), Alnico IV (3rd and 4th strings), and Alnico V (5th and 6th strings), and Four Conductor wiring make MAGFRAG pickups exceptionally flexible. And with vintage-style plain enamel insulated coil wire (purple wire) and a multi-step CAD programmed and computer controlled wind process, MAGFRAG pickups capture anything from a tickle on the strings to roaring shred without unwanted muck or undesired coloring to your sound. With MAGFRAG pickups installed, every nuance of your playing will pop out of the mix with ease.