So I am building my Nuno Bettencourt guitar soon...

harddriver
Grand Poobah

So I am building my Nuno Bettencourt guitar soon...

Post by harddriver »

I have a KNE poplar Kramer Pacer body and a Musikraft neck and all the parts for my last guitar build. I will be building a N4 type guitar but with my Dime ML I found the Bill Lawrence USA L500XL to be thin sounding when I played it into my other amps, 72 sl and 79 Splawn modded 2203. Now through the entire DIme RIg it kicked all kinds of ass but through my 2203's and such not so much. This is a project that I have put off for a long time :oops: :lol:

So let us talk pickups for a Mr. Nuno guitar build....

I have a Seymour Duncan Sh-1N 59 neck ready to go and I think I will go with a single 500K volume pot ala nuno no tone controls, I have a new copper Floyd Rose and a bunch of NOS Kramer parts to assemble it.

Now for the bridge pickups I have some choices, I love Nuno and I bought a L500L and L500XL(B&B) for this build but I am afraid the Bill and Becky L500L 9K and the Bill and Becky L500XL(13K) might be the same disappointment that the BLUSA was but we'll see. My other choice is my old favorite the Seymour Duncan Seymourizer II(12.62K) thick short ceramic magnet, these pickups kick all kinds off ass but I already have one in my number one 1983 Kramer........

Any other suggestions?

I will install the L500L first but I hear the Bill and Becky L500L's sound fuller with more lowend not as thin as the BLUSA so I guess we'll see. The SeymourizerII can pull off a Great Nuno tone and do alot of other tones as well but for some reason I have to hear that L500L first. Nuno tone is Nuno tone not sure if it translates to much else kind of like Dime tone...... :x
lll
Middle Manager

Re: So I am building my Nuno Bettencourt guitar soon...

Post by lll »

BEOD Deluxe into Fender Deluxe got me this (w backing track):

The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

That initial pickup install will tell the tale. It will shine a light on what works and or doesn't work and how that guitar sounds naturally/sonically. You can better decide once you have a baseline. Sounds like a fun project.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Hell yeah, looking forward to see how this turns out.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan