Eminence DV-77

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Eminence DV-77

Post by RockyStar »

Heard this speaker and loved what I heard. I am growing tired of the usual greenback and vintage 30 speaker and have been looking at various others. To me, this DV-77 is fantastic!
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: Eminence DV-77

Post by harddriver »

I have been through most of the boutique and other speakers and my latest and most pleasing purchase was a quad of Celestion Heritage 55Hz 12H30's, love em , woody pulsonic kind of tone and feel right out of the box and they just keep getting better and great EVH speaker IMHO. This cab I was replacing a quad of Scumback M65's pulsonic greenbacks, I wanted to love them... I just never did. I think I am not a greenback guy, I even don't love my 1978 1960A cab that has all original Celestion blackback 25 watters 75hz (greenbacks), some days it sound good other days not so much.

I then purchased another quad of Celestion Heritage 75HZ 12H-30's to see how they compared to my original 79 1982B cabinet with 79 12H-30's. I was replacing two WGS ET65's and Scumback M65's greenbacks.

Well they sounded great just like the Hertitage 55HZ did and they pretty much just like my original 75Hz 79's but just a little tighter due to being new but not harsh at all like most 12H-30 Anniversary celestions that I have tried over the years, the anniversaries were strident and grating in the highs, kinda harsh and didn't seems to improve with use IMHO even though I know alot of guys love them because they are more reasonably priced compared to the Heritage line.

These purchases were in 2018 and 2019 so I don't what exactly there doing at Celestion with English production circa those years but I haven't been this happy with speakers right out of the box in a very long time.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Eminence DV-77

Post by RockyStar »

The Eminence CV 75 is also another one I like.