Post by Dick Butter Nuts »

Dunlop Jazz III (gotta be the red ones)

Dunlop Ultex Jazz III

PLX picks when playing bass
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: Guitar Picks

Post by Watson503 »

I've been using the 3mm Big Stubby picks for years as my all-around picks - I ordered some V-Picks and Gravity picks when they first came on the scene and really dug the V-Pick Screamers and the Gravity Stealth's - the Screamers are 3mm and same with the Stealth although I threw a 4mm in the mix - really dug all of those, you just can't do pick slides with them or it'll eat them up.

I did buy a pack of Hex picks on a whim, they were cheap as hell and have a hole in the middle to increase grip - I dig them for thrashier stuff where I'm doing alot of downpicking. 9 times out of 10 though I'm just using a Big Stubby as I've got a bag of them I keep in my office drawer.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
CoolGuitarGear
Team Leader

Post by CoolGuitarGear »

Used to use V-Picks (screamer and black hole)... also dabbled with some Petrucci models... currently been sticking with TUSQ by GraphTech. Not sure what materials they use, but there's added harmonics or 'zing' in them thar picks. Really like the mediums (light is a thinner sounds, whereas heavy is a bit fat or dark... bearing in mind I'm playing a Majesty and often through a Diezel... different guitars and amps necessitate a different pick, sometimes). When doing acoustic stuff, even if Piezo, I prefer a wood pick, a la Timber-Tones.
Findthetone1
Office Gopher

Post by Findthetone1 »

Black Ice are my favorite picks but I've been using Tortex green that are about the same size because I'm tired of dropping the Black Ices and not finding them :lol: