Amp/Cab Switchers

Tuners, strings, picks etc
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Amp/Cab Switchers

Post by RockyStar »

I am looking for an Amp/Cab switcher for my studio so that I can quickly switch Multiple Head and Multiple Cabinet combinations on the fly. I am aware of a couple devices that do this (Ampete, Kahayan) and was wondering if anybody has used either of them or anything similar and what their experience was with the product?
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Amp/Cab Switchers

Post by RockyStar »

What a difference a day can make...

I was looking at the Kahayan switcher that does midi, has a line out and does 8 amps and 4 cabs. It was $999.00 and I was looking around for deals and other switchers etc. For ease and simplicity of time and the item being in stock I decided to try out the Kahayan. To my surprise, the price increased to $1299.00. I had been offered just under 15% off the $999.00 and didn't jump because I was still trying to decide on which unit. Now prices seem to be firm or firmer and so I am back to square one of product/price paralysis...lol. I have a hard time paying basically 1/3 more over a couple of days for the same exact product.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Amp/Cab Switchers

Post by RockyStar »

Came across another company (DeLisle) who has multiple offerings in the amp/cab switching arena. They look to be made very well and are also Made in the USA. I stumbled across a couple of videos on Commie Tube and they were all positive and he'd some light on the negatives with some of the other companies. Sounds like the Kahayan is noisy and not built tank like as some of the others are. Anyway, seems like a solid company putting out high end stuff in this area (and other areas as well, check out the website below).

https://www.delisleguitar.com/shop/amp- ... selectors/