Sophia Ultimate Tremolos

Tuners, strings, picks etc
PLX
Executive

Re: Sophia Ultimate Tremolos

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:25 am These blocks and trems look pretty nice. Somebody put their engineering cap on when they build these........... 8-) :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

I would have some concerns about those two piston contact points continually making pressure contact on the wood of the routed surface making indentations in the wood surface over time. Maybe they are soft enough I dunno, if it strong enough to push back on the trem while under trem calw spring tension then they are strong enough to indent the wood over time with repeated contacts.

Just my observation.............. :roll: :? :|
I was thinking the same thing..

I have contacted the builder and asked this (and other questions).. awaiting a response thru e-mail.

My guess would be the body wood of the guitar will be a big factor.. Mahogany & Poplar prolly won't indent much.

Basswood.. forget about it. :lol:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Another option that may be of interest are the trems/bridges made by Hantug Custom Guitars & Parts.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

RockyStar wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:07 am Another option that may be of interest are the trems/bridges made by Hantug Custom Guitars & Parts.
How do they resolve the "zero-trem" issue with a floating tremolo system ?

Looks like a direct clone of a Floyd Rose.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

PLX wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:23 am
RockyStar wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:07 am Another option that may be of interest are the trems/bridges made by Hantug Custom Guitars & Parts.
How do they resolve the "zero-trem" issue with a floating tremolo system ?

Looks like a direct clone of a Floyd Rose.
Beats me. I just came across them recently and saw that people were digging them for various replacement parts. They seem to be built well and such. I thought I would share the company as most people (including myself) hadn't heard of them before.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

harddriver wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:28 am
Watson503 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:16 pm After watching the above looked into these and their Floyd version and gotta say I'm interested in checking these out more. Anyone have any firsthand experience with these or know anyone who has?
Watson your PERM turned out exsquisitely................................................. :lol: :P :P :P :P
I just wanted to make any leftist soyboys that make their way here feel at home when they see their FAVORITE YouTube guitarist (can't forget Chapman AND Neutered sponsored...I mean Neural, sorry for that...). The soy-boy grin makes it all the better, too haha
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:15 pm I just wanted to make any leftist soyboys that make their way here feel at home when they see their FAVORITE YouTube guitarist (can't forget Chapman AND Neutered sponsored...I mean Neural, sorry for that...). The soy-boy grin makes it all the better, too haha
The Jewfro is a real draw for those guys.

:lol:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Watson503 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:15 pm

Watson your PERM turned out exsquisitely................................................. :lol: :P :P :P :P
I just wanted to make any leftist soyboys that make their way here feel at home when they see their FAVORITE YouTube guitarist (can't forget Chapman AND Neutered sponsored...I mean Neural, sorry for that...). The soy-boy grin makes it all the better, too haha
[/quote]

I knew it wasn't you Watson.............. :lol: But I had to comment......... Isn't that Rabea off of YT?

He reminds me of the guitar player in the MELVINS!
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

harddriver wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:51 pm I knew it wasn't you Watson.............. :lol: But I had to comment......... Isn't that Rabea off of YT?

He reminds me of the guitar player in the MELVINS!
Hahaha!!!!!!!!
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Ok, I got responses on my questions:

You
Is the Global tuner pro a drop-in replacement on a Schaller Floyd Rose ?
5:18 PM

You
Can it just replace the sustain block on a Floyd ?
5:19 PM

You
Can you do unison bends with a floating Floyd Rose after installing the global tuner pro ?
5:33 PM

You
You got any games on your phone ?
5:45 PM

You
What happened to Old Zealand ?
5:57 PM

You
If you fart in space, can anyone smell it ?
5:39 PM

Sophia Tremolos
different pre-tensions... One for 6 strings 10-46 A=440, one for the Drop Tuner and Seven string and one for Seven string with Drop Tuner -- each stabilizer is adjustable for firmer pre-tension ... it also matters how many tremolo springs you use -- prolly can be dialed in:)
Sophia Tremolos
The Global Tuner Pro is an upgrade for the spring block on your Floyd.

It really depends on your setup .. we well three gages for
10:55 AM
Sophia Tremolos
we sell three gages for pre-tension -- one for the siix, one for the six + Drop Tuner or Seven and a even heavier one fo the Seven + the Drop Tuner
11:41 AM
Sophia Tremolos
Further, each dual stabilizer is adjustable and ca further increase the pre-tension of the contact pins ...the number of tremolo springs can be part of the setup too:)
11:42 AM