"Metal"musiciansdotorg - Cuck Central

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
Watson503
Middle Manager

"Metal"musiciansdotorg - Cuck Central

Post by Watson503 »

What used to be the crew from metalguitarist.org moved after the creator/owner Chris sold the forum and the members grew tired of the new ownership's running of the site so metalmusicians.org was created. This damn place is low on metal and high on soy...any mention of anything right of far left will rile the troops and guarantee a dogpile - it is also a haven for low-test posts as these below which are just cringe-inducing. If evolution was real, these dudes would have sprouted vaginas by now.
Originally posted by Briansol View Post
Trans people in women's sports is a plague. If your daughter's constantly got beat by one in swim meets, you'd understand. It's not fair in any way.
In response:
Funnily enough, in cycling at least, most of the women I know who race have been pretty welcoming and supportive of trans women competing, and are proud their sport is a welcoming place for others.
"Psaki is leaving the WH and going to MSNBC. Apparently it was always the plan (tedious job is tedious) but I will 100% miss her being incredible at her job."
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Re: "Metal"musiciansdotorg - Cuck Central

Post by PLX »

The level of discourse on the Internets has just gone retarded the past few years..

Even a site like TheAmpGarage.com :roll: I mean, you would think... it's a site about building and modding tube amps :!:

You go on there and ask a question like, "Do you guys know a source for such-and-such type of hook-up wire ?" and instead of useful responses you get snarky shit like, "Why do you wanna use that wire ?" or asking a question about a very simple amp circuit, like a 60's Fender combo amp, and you get assholes demanding a schematic before you can ask your question.

I just rage-quit the fucking place after a couple months of that bullshit.

:lol:
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Exactly. It' just gotten to where I only browse them for the insanity and occasional photos of new guitars out in the wild.

It's like this tool represents the majority of the posters on those forums- someone started a thread on the new Dean Doyle Annihilator:
The whole Dimebag legacy, the high Artist-rep turnover (Mustaine, Cooley, Batio, ...), ridiculous pricing on USA models (especially for their QA standards), ...
I think to myself, has this idiot ever seen anything out of their US shop? I mean Andrew Michael Barnes' work is stunning and the cleanest I've ever seen. But nope, same idiot later in the thread:
My last Dean was a Razorback Explosion (14 year ago maybe?) and though I have fond memories of it, it was not a good instrument and definitely not a good buy at that price range. :lol:

I'm sure @STRHelvete has a point in me being biased, I have no experience with their recent work and most of the stuff that does pass my eyes is either more garbage news about milking the Dimebag-brand, or artists having a feud with the new management.
There actually used to be great content and information on these sites but over the past few years it seems they've driven any sane people off and away.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:02 pm Exactly. It' just gotten to where I only browse them for the insanity and occasional photos of new guitars out in the wild.

It's like this tool represents the majority of the posters on those forums- someone started a thread on the new Dean Doyle Annihilator:
The whole Dimebag legacy, the high Artist-rep turnover (Mustaine, Cooley, Batio, ...), ridiculous pricing on USA models (especially for their QA standards), ...
I think to myself, has this idiot ever seen anything out of their US shop? I mean Andrew Michael Barnes' work is stunning and the cleanest I've ever seen. But nope, same idiot later in the thread:
My last Dean was a Razorback Explosion (14 year ago maybe?) and though I have fond memories of it, it was not a good instrument and definitely not a good buy at that price range. :lol:

I'm sure @STRHelvete has a point in me being biased, I have no experience with their recent work and most of the stuff that does pass my eyes is either more garbage news about milking the Dimebag-brand, or artists having a feud with the new management.
There actually used to be great content and information on these sites but over the past few years it seems they've driven any sane people off and away.
Yep.

When I bought my two Dean ML's, I had a helluva time finding ones that weren't somehow tagged up with Dimebag Darrel graffiti (not that there's anything wrong with that). I used to own a Dean From Hell. : :twisted:

I found my USA-made ML at a music store in Wisconsin - and it took a while to find it at a reasonable price !
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

These forums we used to be a part of are nothing like they once were. The whole thing has flip flopped. Back in the day you would get an off topic type thing going and then things would shift back on topic and it was about the gear and music, etc. Now, you get that rare post on a music forum that is about music and the rest is all bullshit. I wonder if the watch or shoe forum is similar. They may have more guitar talk over there...lol. It is sad to see these forums go to shit but it is the reality of the times. The Seymour Duncan forum is a total trash bin just like all the others. Where did these people come from and how are they associated with metal and gear? I don't get it. Now you have these 8 string tranny faggots in the metal scene. What the hell happened? I just want to go back to 80's thrash and stay there.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

RockyStar wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:44 pm.. These forums we used to be a part of are nothing like they once were. The whole thing has flip flopped. Back in the day you would get an off topic type thing going and then things would shift back on topic and it was about the gear and music, etc. Now, you get that rare post on a music forum that is about music and the rest is all bullshit. I wonder if the watch or shoe forum is similar ..
I used to run a poker forum in Houston about 20 years ago..

It was the exact same bullshit.

No one wanted to talk mathematics or strategy.. they all wanted to gossip, slag each other, and generally act like a bunch of faggots. But, yeah.. it's gotten worse online lately :|
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

The forums we used to know and love have been taken over by failed guitarist hacks looking for "forum cred" and mentally ill freakshows with no social life.

And the guys who joined said forums with sincere intent (actual players, modders and builders who love what they do) keep jumping ship because of this.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:19 pm The forums we used to know and love have been taken over by failed guitarist hacks looking for "forum cred" and mentally ill freakshows with no social life.

And the guys who joined said forums with sincere intent (actual players, modders and builders who love what they do) keep jumping ship because of this.
^^^ Is really the whole hearted truth. Such a shame.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

All it takes is a tragedy for these cucks to show their true colors and start a circle jerk of posting...it goes from awful to worse by the third page where the HCIC posts a 2020 Texas voting map and tells all Texans to get fucked, another member who is actually a pretty good dude I've spoken to before and also is a former member of several 80s-90s thrash bands speaks-up and calls him out on his post - then the dogpiling begins...

https://www.metalmusicians.org/forum/ge ... -uvalde-tx

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:02 pm All it takes is a tragedy for these cucks to show their true colors and start a circle jerk of posting...it goes from awful to worse by the third page where the HCIC posts a 2020 Texas voting map and tells all Texans to get fucked, another member who is actually a pretty good dude I've spoken to before and also is a former member of several 80s-90s thrash bands speaks-up and calls him out on his post - then the dogpiling begins...

https://www.metalmusicians.org/forum/ge ... -uvalde-tx
It won't let me see anything when I click the link.