This Is What Passes For "Playing" Over At rig-talk.com

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
Ritchie's Party Hat
Office Gopher

This Is What Passes For "Playing" Over At rig-talk.com

Post by Ritchie's Party Hat »

Arguments over at choad-talk about the proliferation of non guitar players making up the populous.

Twits being challenged with providing proof of their playing skills.

Aynirar27 says, "I can play"

No, you cannot.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/ ... st-3542873

This is why guitar forums fail.
"You raise the blade, you make the change"

"Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way"

Pink Floyd
PLX
Executive

Re: This Is What Passes For "Playing" Over At rig-talk.com

Post by PLX »

:lol:
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

rig-talk.com is not a guitar forum.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
motsm
FNG

Post by motsm »

Ritchie's Party Hat wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:45 pm Arguments over at choad-talk about the proliferation of non guitar players making up the populous.

Twits being challenged with providing proof of their playing skills.

Aynirar27 says, "I can play"

No, you cannot.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/ ... st-3542873

This is why guitar forums fail.

That guy fits the Millennial Mouthbreather profile. Doesn't get enough oxygen to the brain.
mouthbreather.jpg
mouthbreather.jpg (72.13 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
I'm the man on the silver mountain.
motsm
FNG

Post by motsm »

If this playing (and I use that term loosely) and age demographic is the standard for rig-talk.com, then that explains why that forum is ripe with left wingers pushing their agendas. They're mostly Millennials who would rather spew their leftist programming online than put any real effort into learning and mastering the guitar.

They think that just because they own a few guitars and can do uninspired and limp wristed blooze or chugs that they deserve all of the accolades and cred that a real guitarist would get. In other words, their expectations are: Little Effort = Major Awards.

This reeks of the Millennial generation as they were the ones who got a trophy for only participating but not excelling. :roll:
I'm the man on the silver mountain.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

motsm wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:03 pm If this playing (and I use that term loosely) and age demographic is the standard for rig-talk.com, then that explains why that forum is ripe with left wingers pushing their agendas. They're mostly Millennials who would rather spew their leftist programming online than put any real effort into learning and mastering the guitar.

They think that just because they own a few guitars and can do uninspired and limp wristed blooze or chugs that they deserve all of the accolades and cred that a real guitarist would get. In other words, their expectations are: Little Effort = Major Awards.

This reeks of the Millennial generation as they were the ones who got a trophy for only participating but not excelling. :roll:
Where's the thumbs up emote? I always knew about the talentless hacks online but I never considered the generational aspect of it.

Explained perfectly. Also explains the "why" about why some seem so deluded about their lack of actual skill.

Mommy probably told them they were good. :lol:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
Ritchie's Party Hat
Office Gopher

motsm wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:03 pm If this playing (and I use that term loosely) and age demographic is the standard for rig-talk.com, then that explains why that forum is ripe with left wingers pushing their agendas. They're mostly Millennials who would rather spew their leftist programming online than put any real effort into learning and mastering the guitar.

Absolutely brilliant.

Pink Floyd
Ritchie's Party Hat
Office Gopher

motsm wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:49 pm That guy fits the Millennial Mouthbreather profile. Doesn't get enough oxygen to the brain.

mouthbreather.jpg
Also absolutely brilliant. 8-)

Pink Floyd
Ritchie's Party Hat
Office Gopher

Pink Floyd
Dummie W Billanger
Office Gopher

Post by Dummie W Billanger »

Is this the Dan guy?
IMG_2857.jpeg
IMG_2857.jpeg (74.28 KiB) Viewed 2987 times