General State Of Typical Gear Forums 2021

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Recruit

Re: General State Of Typical Gear Forums 2021

Post by lll »

The two typical punkass types found on gear forums who think they're actually good (when they're not) are:

1) Live players who suck ass

2) Chumps who "write" their own material (typically piss-poor cowboy-chord strumming)

In the case of 1), they think that just because they play live, that fact somehow makes them good players and super-experienced. Well, who hasn't played live?

And you can play live and still suck at it - observe:

Hey look, this band plays live. No doubt if any of them use a computer and the internet, they'll be surfing the gear forums acting like they know it all:

In the case of 2), they think that just because they "write" their own stuff, that fact somehow makes them good players and super-experienced. This suffering from delusions of grandeur is no different from the typical book author, who thinks they're somebody important just because they wrote a fucking book.

The internet is a boon no doubt. It brings knowledge, information, shopping etc... but it is definitely a double-edged sword, because it gives every village idiot, bullshitter and hack guitarist a podium to speak upon.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
Watson503
Office Gopher

Re: General State Of Typical Gear Forums 2021

Post by Watson503 »

Hush! Man, those guys were so bad...the story behind them being named "Hush" cracks me up - it's here @ the 15 second mark in the interview but story goes they were playing and were told to "hush" because they were so bad hahaha

I nearly died from the vaccine and was given the option to not get a second dose of a different vaccine, or get all the rights of a double vaccinated person through exemption.

I chose to get a second dose because I'm a responsible member of society.