General State Of Typical Gear Forums 2021

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Middle Manager

Re: General State Of Typical Gear Forums 2021

Post by lll »

The two typical punkass types found on gear forums who think they're actually good (when they're not) are:

1) Live players who suck ass

2) Chumps who "write" their own material (typically piss-poor cowboy-chord strumming)

In the case of 1), they think that just because they play live, that fact somehow makes them good players and super-experienced. Well, who hasn't played live?

And you can play live and still suck at it - observe:

Hey look, this band plays live. No doubt if any of them use a computer and the internet, they'll be surfing the gear forums acting like they know it all:

In the case of 2), they think that just because they "write" their own stuff, that fact somehow makes them good players and super-experienced. This suffering from delusions of grandeur is no different from the typical book author, who thinks they're somebody important just because they wrote a fucking book.

The internet is a boon no doubt. It brings knowledge, information, shopping etc... but it is definitely a double-edged sword, because it gives every village idiot, bullshitter and hack guitarist a podium to speak upon.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Hush! Man, those guys were so bad...the story behind them being named "Hush" cracks me up - it's here @ the 15 second mark in the interview but story goes they were playing and were told to "hush" because they were so bad hahaha

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:13 pm I think there's a deliberate attempt on the part of certain people (mostly frustrated, failed guitarists) to come into these sites and try to ruin it for everyone.

They're playing a role. They strive to shock and get a reaction out of other people on the site.

Instead of getting rid of these morons as soon as they appear, the moderators allow them to wreak havoc on the site.. then ban people who react/respond to their insane posts. :|
This.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Watson503 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:15 amthese places have become havens for the mentally ill
And that is exactly the explanation; distilled.

They're not posting on gear forums because they're serious about gear and playing guitar.

They're posting for social interaction, ego stroking and forum "cred".
Woolie-Nelson
Recruit

Post by Woolie-Nelson »

Sounds like a loathsome, lonely bunch if you ask me.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

The comments that follow the OP sum TGP and these forums up perfectly - the guy's cousin plays in Autograph but I'll just let the 15 pages of comments speak for themselves:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... r.2357960/
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:50 am The comments that follow the OP sum TGP and these forums up perfectly - the guy's cousin plays in Autograph but I'll just let the 15 pages of comments speak for themselves:

OP on that thread is "plexified". :lol:

Anyone from the old MetroAmp forum will remember him.

good times !
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:50 am The comments that follow the OP sum TGP and these forums up perfectly - the guy's cousin plays in Autograph but I'll just let the 15 pages of comments speak for themselves:

Most of the people posting in that thread need a throat punch at full force. Jealousy is a bitch.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

I see a metric buttload of sour grapes by failed guitarists there.

Dude is great and they can't accept that because his skill hugely magnifies their lack of ability.

Hence the sour grapes.
Woolie-Nelson
Recruit

Post by Woolie-Nelson »

lll wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:13 pm

I see a metric buttload of sour grapes by failed guitarists there.

Dude is great and they can't accept that because his skill hugely magnifies their lack of ability.

Hence the sour grapes.
Why can't people acknowledge talent and support it when they see it? Makes no sense to me.