General State Of Typical Gear Forums 2021

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Middle Manager

General State Of Typical Gear Forums 2021

Post by lll »

Gotta check up on the state of things now and then.

Ignorance - up
Stupidity - up
Inexperience - up

Seems most forums are now just another Harmony Central, full of morons who hardly play the guitar but love buying gear (and selling it a week later) and love bragging about how awesome of a player or amp builder they are (with zero proof). There is a much higher percentage nowadays as opposed to years past. You're lucky if you bump into 3 serious individuals who love what they do and do it well.

Normally, that's fine... except that a lot of said morons think they can one-up experienced players/serious hobbyists for forum cred. They play their little games and even forum politics with you and attempt to go around (or hide) the fact that they suck at playing and are clueless about pretty much everything gear-wise - so they can be seen as the "experts". Due to given forum rules, one cannot utilize the full bitch-slap against these 'tards, so they remain somewhat protected. In real life, they wouldn't dare pull this shit, because they would immediately be exposed as the frauds and poseurs that they are.

For a perfect example, take a look at "Aceman" on the Seymour Duncan User Group Forum. He has one of the highest post count of all posters, but what comes out of his mouth is the asinine dribblings of a mostly clueless clown. His gear advice consists of only the most basic and puerile suggestions. And he attempts to throw his weight around on the forum based on this incredible farce.

But actual evidence proves the real "Aceman" is a bald poseur hackjob guitarist who wears a clown wig, and who couldn't play a solo if his clown life depended on it.

And all this is not to mention the usual paid posters and shills who do zero playing but rather try to push an agenda or product.

And of course all of the sockpuppet accounts used for nefarious purposes.

So yeah, things aren't looking up for your average gear forum; in fact, we're just continuing the downward spiral. We're past the toilet plumbing and are now working our way through the sewage system; mind the turds.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: General State Of Typical Gear Forums 2021

Post by Watson503 »

It is bad and only getting worse, it seems. Some of these idiots that aren't strictly there to push political/leftist b.s and propaganda and are more gear collectors and poseurs blow me away with the money they blow - one kook on sevenstring I think it was about a year ago plopped-down a few grand on a new amp and guitar so he could "play some Cannibal Corpse riffs!" - and that's what it was, a shoddy attempt to play the intro to Hammer Smashed Face (!!!!W...T...F...???!!!) - and this guy was probably leaps and bounds beyond the majority of those idiots...I just dont get it, if you have a passion for something you should want to be the best you can be at that and always be striving to be better. But nope...
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

The lack of free speech has really ruined everything. The cliques, the leftist agendas, the utter bullshit in all kinds of ways and different directions make most forums a complete waste of time.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Everyone just wants an echo chamber these days.

That's what all these forums have become. :|

If someone posts anything that goes against the official narrative, the post gets deleted and they get bant.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

I just bought a guitar-related book off Amazon - maybe some of you have heard of it - Adventures in Bedroom Electric Guitar: A Guide to Electric Guitar Home Studio Recordings & Amp Tone Sound"

Just kidding, I will check Cuck-Talk out every now and then and my god, that Tone Dig kook has them riled-up...these places have become havens for the mentally ill, I also noticed that insane BlackSG91 freak is on TGP now the other day - not sure if they are still on there or have been banned yet like they seem to do everywhere else. Y'all might remember them coming on Rig-Talk before the exodus and they have an avatar of an asian woman with a black SG...they started flipping-out calling people racists, White boys, rapists, pedos - just totally unhinged bullshit before they either bailed or were banned. They've pulled some bizarro-type shit on sevenstring in the past, pm'ing members, hitting on dudes in posts and pm's, and talking about how they were raped by some White guy years ago and that's where this anger and unhingedness comes from - totally unsolicited, too. Real bizarre character - they also had an account on the SD forum years ago and seemed to be posting as a male...they've posted recent pictures on sevenstring and they were of a now older asian chick so who knows or cares. I used to enjoy going to these forums for gear insight, upcoming new guitars, playing tips...but now those places are just FUBAR'd.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:15 am I just bought a guitar-related book off Amazon - maybe some of you have heard of it - Adventures in Bedroom Electric Guitar: A Guide to Electric Guitar Home Studio Recordings & Amp Tone Sound"

Just kidding, I will check Cuck-Talk out every now and then and my god, that Tone Dig kook has them riled-up...these places have become havens for the mentally ill, I also noticed that insane BlackSG91 freak is on TGP now the other day - not sure if they are still on there or have been banned yet like they seem to do everywhere else. Y'all might remember them coming on Rig-Talk before the exodus and they have an avatar of an asian woman with a black SG...they started flipping-out calling people racists, White boys, rapists, pedos - just totally unhinged bullshit before they either bailed or were banned. They've pulled some bizarro-type shit on sevenstring in the past, pm'ing members, hitting on dudes in posts and pm's, and talking about how they were raped by some White guy years ago and that's where this anger and unhingedness comes from - totally unsolicited, too. Real bizarre character - they also had an account on the SD forum years ago and seemed to be posting as a male...they've posted recent pictures on sevenstring and they were of a now older asian chick so who knows or cares. I used to enjoy going to these forums for gear insight, upcoming new guitars, playing tips...but now those places are just FUBAR'd.
I think there's a deliberate attempt on the part of certain people (mostly frustrated, failed guitarists) to come into these sites and try to ruin it for everyone.

They're playing a role. They strive to shock and get a reaction out of other people on the site.

Instead of getting rid of these morons as soon as they appear, the moderators allow them to wreak havoc on the site.. then ban people who react/respond to their insane posts. :|

Using that logic, it follows that the only reason for this is the moderators of these other guitar gear sites are frustrated, failed guitarists themselves.. If I think back on sites like the now defunct GuitarAmpBoard.com, TheGearPage, MetroAmp... All the videos and sound clips posted by the moderators there (and most of the members as well) proved none of them could play guitar worth a crap. :|

When a person posts clips/videos proving they can play, build a tube amp, etc.. these guys start hating on you immediately. :lol:

It's a sign of the times; mediocrity, self-loathing and victimhood are celebrated.. while excellence, perseverance, and success are derided.

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Case in point: Here's the administrator/moderator of the old GuitarAmpBoard.com "GAB", Billy Lima and his wife, playing in a parking lot last summer.. :roll:

fucking hell :lol:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

WHAT...............The HELL................IS........THAT?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!

I can't believe my eyes and ears. WTF?

I don't even know what to say.... :shock:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

RockyStar wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:29 pm WHAT...............The HELL................IS........THAT?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!

I can't believe my eyes and ears. WTF?

I don't even know what to say.... :shock:
Well, this is what happens when you take a close look at the people who set themselves up as arbiters of guitar playing, tone, decorum, appropriateness, etc..

You see people who cannot play an instrument beyond a beginner level, can't carry a note in a bucket, dress like they're stuck in the 80's, struggling to hold on to some kind of long-lost dreams of fame..

.. and playing shitty music in a parking lot. :|
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

I'm coming off about ten days fighting-off the moronic variant and after watching that feel like I just came out of a fever dream and really need to shower and possibly get tested for herpes...I'm at a loss for words, so much to take in in that video yet I don't want to, I just want to forget I ever saw that - but somehow don't think that is possible.