The Burning Question Over At SDUGF

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Middle Manager

The Burning Question Over At SDUGF

Post by lll »

...for all of the failed guitarists and offended pussies clinging onto whatever little shreds of "forum cred" they can find, like "Securb":

:lol:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... -not-exist
Suddenly This Forum Does Not Exist

What now???

Do you start practicing with your guitar... finally?

Is "kvetch hour" with your forum "girlfriends" over?

Does this mean you need to meet some actual living, breathing people, make real friends and get a real life?
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Re: The Burning Question Over At SDUGF

Post by PLX »

It says you can't view the page unless you log in.

I guess they don't want that page seen outside of the forum membership.

:(
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:37 pm It says you can't view the page unless you log in.

Ah yes forgot, it's in Off-Topic, which is hidden.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:38 pm
PLX wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:37 pm It says you can't view the page unless you log in.

Ah yes forgot, it's in Off-Topic, which is hidden.
Can you film a video of yourself reading the thread in it's entirety in the style of Anthony Hopkins in the movie Legends of the Fall (after he's had the stroke) ?

Thanks in advance !

:D
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:52 pm Can you film a video of yourself reading the thread in it's entirety in the style of Anthony Hopkins in the movie Legends of the Fall (after he's had the stroke) ?

Thanks in advance !

:D
:lol:
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

I'm convinced a handful of them over there are mentally ill and/or drinking way too much soy product.

Tried starting a conversation about "blooze" and how someone can play authentic "blooze" when they're doing well in life living in the suburbs, driving a Tahoe, mortgage, family, etc... (like the typical blooze player does).

Bunch of knee-jerk reactions and butt hurt ensued.

I'll bet if I started a thread stating that chocolate ice cream was the best, it would get the same result. And forget about tongue-in-cheek; reading comprehension is at an all-time low.

Not everyone on a given forum is mentally ill and full of butthurt, but it definitely seems a lot of them are - enough to turn a place into a cesspool. :roll:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:22 am I'm convinced a handful of them over there are mentally ill and/or drinking way too much soy product.

Tried starting a conversation about "blooze" and how someone can play authentic "blooze" when they're doing well in life living in the suburbs, driving a Tahoe, mortgage, family, etc... (like the typical blooze player does).

Bunch of knee-jerk reactions and butt hurt ensued.

I'll bet if I started a thread stating that chocolate ice cream was the best, it would get the same result. And forget about tongue-in-cheek; reading comprehension is at an all-time low.

Not everyone on a given forum is mentally ill and full of butthurt, but it definitely seems a lot of them are - enough to turn a place into a cesspool. :roll:
Yeah. Every thread I started on TGP immediately went like that.. Angry, offended cry-babies would come in and trash the discussion - no matter what the topic might have been.

These sites are overrun with sad, angry, failed guitar players, and faggots who don't even play the damned guitar.

Early on, I asked one of the moderators why they don't get rid of these guys.. the ones who clearly do not even play the guitar and are only there to push their gay ideology. It was then I realized; the moderators are all a bunch of homosexual men who don't play the guitar either. :roll:
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Just read through the Blooze thread over there haha I don't get what the obsession with it is, myself - my oldest friend has been playing guitar since we were 14 and at some point he started getting into "the blooze" and now it has become something he's majorly obsessed with - this dude has been very wealthy since we were young and he lives in a high rise apartment he owns, he owns an oil-related company and a few oil wells so he's about as far from the Crossroads as one can get. He's a fan of metal but the blooze overshadows everything and he is always talking up or down certain players based on if he thinks they "get it, they get the blooze and understand and incorporate it in their metal"...

Lately he has been wanting to do this album and has been seeking and reaching out to people who have made a name for themselves in thrash to produce said album - latest he is fixated on Gary Holt and Rob Dukes after he saw a couple podcasts and Gary commented on how he liked the blues, etc....of course no one ever returns his emails and it is just bizarre.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:31 pm Just read through the Blooze thread over there haha I don't get what the obsession with it is, myself - my oldest friend has been playing guitar since we were 14 and at some point he started getting into "the blooze" and now it has become something he's majorly obsessed with - this dude has been very wealthy since we were young and he lives in a high rise apartment he owns, he owns an oil-related company and a few oil wells so he's about as far from the Crossroads as one can get. He's a fan of metal but the blooze overshadows everything and he is always talking up or down certain players based on if he thinks they "get it, they get the blooze and understand and incorporate it in their metal"...

Lately he has been wanting to do this album and has been seeking and reaching out to people who have made a name for themselves in thrash to produce said album - latest he is fixated on Gary Holt and Rob Dukes after he saw a couple podcasts and Gary commented on how he liked the blues, etc....of course no one ever returns his emails and it is just bizarre.
This clip here is one of my favorites. I go back and listen to this quite often.

Question I have is.. the title is "Heavy Blues/Rock Improv". I've played this clip for people and 100% of them will say, "That ain't blues !"

Well, I don't know if it's blues or not, but if fuckin' rules.

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

That forum never disappoints unless you go to it.