And The Bar Gets Even Lower (SDUGF)

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Middle Manager

And The Bar Gets Even Lower (SDUGF)

Post by lll »

Relevant link:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/a ... s-anywhere

So SDUGF is of course supposed to be a pickup/guitar gear forum.

Along comes this dude (JMP/HBE) and says that EL34s are no longer in production (Mike Matthews - EHX - even says so).

Now, you'd think if said forum was full of serious guitarists and the like, they would be very concerned.

Nope!

JMP/HBE proceeds to get mocked and trolled for his concern.

Which leads to the question: Who are all these fucking clowns? Do they even play their guitars? :roll:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Re: And The Bar Gets Even Lower (SDUGF)

Post by PLX »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

I just read through that thread...I can smell the soy through my computer screen. A good portion of these pussies seriously only buy their amps and guitars for online clout - post an NGD or NAD thread on whatever forum and maybe one of the few riffs they may know - if even that - on YT or whatever damn site and then said amp gets stacked on whatever previous ones they've collected - as that's really what it is - which is good for a family amp shot down the road on the same forums and social media sites. Fucking poseurs.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

I can't stand that place.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

The thread has exposed a serious flaw.

I've know about said flaw for years of course, but it exposes it to the anyone in the world who happens to read said thread.

Said flaw is thus:

The majority of the vocal & prolific posters there really don't care much for the whole guitar playing genre/muse/hobby. These are not people who are serious about their craft/hobby. You've heard one of the most prolific posters over there hack the shit out of a Scorpions solo. Another one name-drops and talks a big game but runs away like the big pussy he is when "challenge accepted".

In other words, it's like a "carpenter" who picks up his hammer maybe once a month, joining a carpentry forum... for social time... and controlling the dialogue. Then say some other carpenter (who actually uses his hammer more than once a month) says, "hey did you guys hear? there's going to be a ban on all hammers!"...

...instead of expressing concern (he should be concerned), this first "carpenter" (the useless hack) reads this news and proceeds to troll and mock the other one.

Why?

Because he just doesn't fucking care. He only uses his hammer maybe once a month.

Plain and simple.

If there were more serious and actual guitarists over there, the fact that tube production has stopped would be a serious concern, and you would see serious, adult dialogue about it. Not the mocking and trolling that actually happened.

The thread will be a major turning point for that forum.
Last edited by lll on Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:04 am I can't stand that place.
Do tell...?
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Watson503 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:52 am I just read through that thread...I can smell the soy through my computer screen. A good portion of these pussies seriously only buy their amps and guitars for online clout - post an NGD or NAD thread on whatever forum and maybe one of the few riffs they may know - if even that - on YT or whatever damn site and then said amp gets stacked on whatever previous ones they've collected - as that's really what it is - which is good for a family amp shot down the road on the same forums and social media sites. Fucking poseurs.
Not just fucking poseurs, but as you mentioned in another thread - mentally ill.

They need to stay the fuck off of gear forums and start heading to the shrink's couch.

And stop ruining forums for the serious players out there. One by one these gear forums collapse because of these fuckers.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:37 pm
RockyStar wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:04 am I can't stand that place.
Do tell...?
It is the typical Clique Bullshit that forum members pull when a forum is on its last leg. It doesn't matter the topic, if you are not in the Clique, what a person says is stupid, irrelevant, nonsense, etc. The little group over there that likes to control things will hop on and attempt to spin the narrative or direction of any thread on any conversation. The little games being played have really ruined that forum. The funny thing is, I doubt a single keyboard rockstar over there would have the stones to say 1/10000000th of what they say in person to anybody over there that is an actual player. There are about 6 people over there that try to run everything in their chosen direction.