Clip Posting Brouhaha Over At Soymore Duncan

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Middle Manager

Clip Posting Brouhaha Over At Soymore Duncan

Post by lll »

I know we keep repeating ourselves, but yet again this is a perfect example of the mental illness that pervades our typical gear forums; Soymore Duncan in this case (yet once again):

It's a simple "post your best clips" thread... that turns into bullshit by the usual suspects. One other dude exclaims (verbatim):

"I'm just not a narcissistic person by nature."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So yeah, this is a pickup forum, and this guy thinks by posting clips (and he's posted clips before) he's being "narcississtic"!

And of course you have the usual mentally ill dipshittery by the usual dipshits Securb and LesStrat...

It starts heating up in later pages:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... ear-so-far

Fucking soyboy faggots and mentally ill fucks need to find another forum or knitting circle, and let the dudes who actually play their guitars do their thing.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Re: Clip Posting Brouhaha Over At Soymore Duncan

Post by PLX »

Here's the thing that you may not realize.. The clips you post are far and above higher quality than most clips you hear posted on these guitar forums.

That intimidates a lot of these guys.

That's why they say shit like that. It's like back in the day on the old MetroAmp forum, all these guys would be posting clips and asking errybody, "How does this tone sound ?" And you could kinda tell on some of them that it prolly sounded good if you had been in the room where they recorded it.. but they lacked the skill (and maybe the gear) to actually capture a decent recording.

And then Mark (RockStah) comes along and not only can he play, but he knows how to place a mic on a speaker and record a good tone.

After he came along, most of the others stop posting clips altogether. :lol:

Just my opinion, but I think most of these forum dwellers are easily impressed and then 'put off' when another poster can actually put up a decent sound clip.

That's when the excuses start for why they are not posting clips.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:54 pm Here's the thing that you may not realize.. The clips you post are far and above higher quality than most clips you hear posted on these guitar forums.

That intimidates a lot of these guys.

That's why they say shit like that. It's like back in the day on the old MetroAmp forum, all these guys would be posting clips and asking errybody, "How does this tone sound ?" And you could kinda tell on some of them that it prolly sounded good if you had been in the room where they recorded it.. but they lacked the skill (and maybe the gear) to actually capture a decent recording.

And then Mark (RockStah) comes along and not only can he play, but he knows how to place a mic on a speaker and record a good tone.

After he came along, most of the others stop posting clips altogether. :lol:

Just my opinion, but I think most of these forum dwellers are easily impressed and then 'put off' when another poster can actually put up a decent sound clip.

That's when the excuses start for why they are not posting clips.
Maybe, but these fuckers are also mentally ill. Besides most of the clips in there are by the OP.

Persecution complexes. Inadequacy complexes.

You can literally say something somewhat challenging without naming names, and they're always the first ones to rush to respond with bullshit.

They get triggered by shit that wasn't even including them personally... it's so easy to spot.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:05 pm Maybe, but these fuckers are also mentally ill.

Persecution complexes. Inadequacy complexes.

You can literally say something somewhat challenging without naming names, and they're always the first ones to rush to respond with bullshit.

They get triggered by shit that wasn't even including them personally... it's so easy to spot.
What I experienced on the really big forums, like TGP, was that most of them are angry and miserable.

They couldn't laugh at a joke.. they had to get offended (or pretend to be offended on someone else's behalf).

The vast majority of them didn't actually play the guitar. I remember asking the ones who did the most posting - point blank, "Do you even play the guitar ?" There was one gay dude over there who went by "A-Bone" and his avatar pic was some obscure, long-dead Japanese actress. You can't make this shit up.. :D

When I hit him up with that question he admitted that he "..used to play, but he doesn't anymore.."

I remember thinking, "Then what the hell are you doing posting on a damned guitar gear forum all day, everyday ?"

But he had a little clique of sycophants that followed him around the forum and backed up all his bullshit, and would report anyone who called him out to the moderators.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:16 pm The vast majority of them didn't actually play the guitar. I remember asking the ones who did the most posting - point blank, "Do you even play the guitar ?" There was one gay dude over there who went by "A-Bone" and his avatar pic was some obscure, long-dead Japanese actress. You can't make this shit up.. :D

When I hit him up with that question he admitted that he "..used to play, but he doesn't anymore.."

I remember thinking, "Then what the hell are you doing posting on a damned guitar gear forum all day, everyday ?"

But he had a little clique of sycophants that followed him around the forum and backed up all his bullshit, and would report anyone who called him out to the moderators.
BAM!

And that's what it's really all about with them; social hour time.

So, just like in other areas of life, the useless fucks lie cheat and steal to try to fuck over the useful ones who are doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Too bad for them I don't take anybody's shit. :twisted:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:31 pm BAM!

And that's what it's really all about with them; social hour time.

So, just like in other areas of life, the useless fucks lie cheat and steal to try to fuck over the useful ones who are doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Too bad for them I don't take anybody's shit. :twisted:
Well.. I have a theory, and it's a lot more insidious than that:

The group (including the mods) that backed-up and protects this "A-Bone" character on TGP are all homosexual activists.

They don't give a crap about playing guitar, tone, building amps, any of that shit.. for them it's all about controlling the discourse and pushing the gay agenda.

Before these guys really figured out what I was all about, they would include me in their little private message circle-jerks, and they would plot to get people bant, set people up, try to trigger people so they could run and cry to the moderators about something they posted.

I mean, at first all I did there was post clever GIFs and memes, and I garnered a lot of attention by doing that..

Of course, once they figured out I wasn't "on their side" they turned on me and got me perma-bant. :lol:
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Thread in a nutshell:

OP: "Here's some clips I did; post your best clips too"
Myself, a few others: "here's some clips we did"
OP: "here's some more clips I did"
Myself, a few others: "here's some more clips we did"
(noticing that very few are contributing)

Myself: "What's the deal? This is a pickup forum and hardly anyone has contributed clips? Are you too busy bragging about your gear or pretending it's social hour? etc - post 'em up!"

Mentally Ill non-contributor #1: "Do you always talk to people like that?"
Mentally ill non-contributor #2: "I'm just not a narcississtic person by nature..."
Mentally ill non-contributor #3: "I didn't join this forum for clips. You're not the arbiter of tone and other things!"

Myself: "You're mentally ill. Go to the Off Topic section because you're useless here"
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:38 pm try to trigger people so they could run and cry to the moderators about something they posted.
To quote Lawrence from Office Space:

"Naw... hell no, man, I believe you'd get your ass kicked doing something like that."

What you stated is proof-positive these people are fucking miserable little shits with no interest in the forum meaning at hand (gear, whatever).

They just want to watch the world burn.

And they would never pull this shit to your face.

It's a shame it's illegal to assault people, because these turds need some attitude adjusting.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:45 pm Thread in a nutshell:

OP: "Here's some clips I did; post your best clips too"
Myself, a few others: "here's some clips we did"
OP: "here's some more clips I did"
Myself, a few others: "here's some more clips we did"
(noticing that very few are contributing)

Myself: "What's the deal? This is a pickup forum and hardly anyone has contributed clips? Are you too busy bragging about your gear or pretending it's social hour? etc - post 'em up!"

Mentally Ill non-contributor #1: "Do you always talk to people like that?"
Mentally ill non-contributor #2: "I'm just not a narcississtic person by nature..."
Mentally ill non-contributor #3: "I didn't join this forum for clips. You're not the arbiter of tone and other things!"

Myself: "You're mentally ill. Go to the Off Topic section because you're useless here"
:lol:

I know..

On TGP I realized the vast majority of the traffic/posting goes on the the "off topic" section, and while it's kinda fun at first, you start to see a pattern emerge and you realize you could do what I did and not log-in there for a year-and-a-half, then out of the blue you log-in one day and it's like fuckin' "Groundhog Day".. the same shit over and over again without end. :roll:

lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Not long ago I even started my own thread doing a "Suck Tone" challenge.

Put up my own shitty tone, shitty playing clip (that "all the gainzzz" Megadeth clip).

Still had very few contributors... out of a total of tens of thousands of members. :lol: