Seymour Duncan Forum (SDUGF) Is Dying

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Middle Manager

Seymour Duncan Forum (SDUGF) Is Dying

Post by lll »

Has been for years.

Far too many bullshit incidences of those who are doing what they're supposed to be doing on a guitar gear forum getting team-trolled by a core group of talent-less hacks. Too many limp-wristed soyboys crying and sobbing.

For example, you can't even talk about the recent tube shortage without getting trolled.

And don't dare talk about the #1 tone that everyone and their grandma has been chasing for decades: EVH tone. You will get trolled.

One extremely disturbed hack (Securb) procured SDUGF members for his own forum (mostly dead but now defunct or hidden).

...and not surprisingly, said core group of talentl-ess hacks were long-standing members of Securb's (mostly dead but now defunct or hidden) forum.

Said core group of talent-less hacks, unsurprisingly, use Seymour's forum for their own personal social space and ego-massaging petri dish; they would much prefer to talk about pizza and sports than pickups and gear. And when they do talk about pickups and gear, they present themselves as the ultimate fonts of knowledge and experience... but you can smell the bullshit a mile away.

=====

Back in the day, we had a good amount of members who were not only serious about playing guitar, but were good at it, too.

They've all left except a few... undoubtedly, those who left figured out that those pretending to be said ultimate fonts of knowledge and experience are simply hacks who think that playing in bars ( :lol: ) and scoring with soccer moms ( double :lol: ) is some kind of "big thing" achievement.

Anyone else can also discern this easily by listening to anything they've produced; keep in mind these are "members" who present themselves as the pinnacle:

Securb's limp-dick, shitty recording:

Aceman's hackjob soloing:
https://fb.watch/dJJx8zTrs5/

Aceman's pathetic attempt at Accept Balls To Wall tone (submitted in our clip-off):

Compare and contrast that garbage with this former valuable SDUGF member's stuff (who left years ago):

=====

Mentally ill... persecution & inadequacy complexes. Known and proven alcoholism. Aceman (the highest post count member) got banned for four months for dumbfuck drunken shit-posting one evening. Somehow he's back in the good graces of the management. Post anything... anything that might trigger their delicate sensibilities (could be a statement, could even be a clip of yours), and the trolling starts.

Securb once stated to the forum that his "musical resume" dwarfs mine. :lol:

Les Strat always comes out of the woodwork now and then to "remind" me that "you're not the arbiter of good tone!". :lol:

beaubrummels once said to me in response to an Accept Balls To The Wall clip-off between myself and Acehole:
It’s your arrogance that you seem to think only you are the arbiter of how to make a sound, and dismiss and disrespect all the others on here who have spent the better part of half a century performing, recording and producing music.
...as if I haven't done the same (spent the better part of half a century performing, recording and producing music). :lol:

It's been put forth that posting clips is somehow "narcississtic" by some virtue-signalling jackass hypocrite named JOLLY. Never mind the fact that he's posted his own clips before, and has a Soundclick account with tons of clips.

You can easily tell these twats suffer from psychological issues by their reactions. And you can also easily tell that they stroke each other's cocks to the point of borrowing phrases from each other. I've heard Securb, beaubrummels and LesStrat all use the term "arbiter" in reference to me, so you know they're all talking amongst themselves while patting each others taints.

=====

Here's a few direct quotes from members who have expressed their extreme distaste with these useless clowns and their poseur bullshit:
Yeah, it's kind of a shame. Just doesn't feel like a techie community as much anymore. More like a club. Hell, even the mods have started parroting the same old boring recycled opinions like "the JB is a one trick pony" and "the best way to play metal is with a boosted PAF". Give me a break. I came here for years for high-level discussion of tone with an eye towards challenging expectations, not for juvenile arguments and groupthink. Plenty of that elsewheres!

Also there's something to be said for chasing tone... and then once you FIND it, try USING it. Don't just keep buying pedals and pickups and daydreaming about guitars and gathering 10 people that will cheer you on as you have package after package shipped to your house in an attempt to fill some personal void. It's like watching alcoholics chug beers together. And it's extremely disappointing to see 5 pages of responses to a thread of "what color pedal should I buy?" when legitimate issues like ground loops or broken coil wire get completely ignored. Again, this is a change in the dynamic of the forum which is fine but doesn't get me excited to show up.
In the last 1-2 years SDUGF the feel has changed significantly from "let's help each other build a great signal chain" to "yeah that's cool I guess but also 10-20 of us are going to hang out all day online together, insult people we don't like, and/or argue with anyone that disagrees with us." Yeah it will always be a thing in forums, but I'm just over the BS of people arguing for arguing's sake.
So he left the thread but deleted my response. How dare we upset the man-children.
Meh. I only stop by the board once in a while now. There's not much point in shouting into the echo chamber here these days.
Yep, your assessment is spot on. It really does feel like it's just the rowdies left and it's a bunch of circle jerk topics. Some forums come to a point where their relevance and usefulness drop off. I think this one has definitely run its course.
And yeah, as an actively gigging musician playing in bands, I feel like an outlier around here.
=====

To summarize:

A forum is only as good as its members. We've seen this time and time again.

Just yesterday, after a clip thread was deleted (thanks to the usual talent-less cockfags and their jealous shit-posting), I stated this:
In the grand scheme of things, at some point the powers that be need to make a business decision whether to support those who actually love playing the guitar (target market)...

...and those who just want a free space on the internet to socialize (not target market in the least)...

...before this forum becomes a shell of itself.

It's been looking pretty grim the last few years.
Will we see an improvement in the quality of members?

Will we see an improvement in the posts as far as subject matter (gear, not pizza)?

Will we see new members join up who actually care about playing guitar and who want to talk shop?

Not as long as that core group of talent-less hacks resides and keeps spreading their cancer.

The Soymore Duncan User Group Forum.
Last edited by lll on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
lll
Middle Manager

Re: Seymour Duncan Forum (SDUGF) Is Dying

Post by lll »

But wait there's more! Bonus track! :lol:

This is one of the most prolific posters currently on SDUGF (and self-proclaimed "expert"... at pretty much everything):

Ace's RATT Round And Round clip has more fuzz on the tone than a real rodent:

(if y'all are waiting for the solo, don't - cuz there isn't any)
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Double bonus!

Here is the most recent thread started by Aceman ("Flavor-burst Mouthgasm!!!") :

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... ost6180138

To show you a fresh example of what passes for conversation at a pickup (and guitar gear) forum... :!: :?:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Those goons could really benefit from a metronome.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:22 am Those goons could really benefit from a metronome.
A long time ago, after his "musical resume" comment, I offered Securb and Co. $5 each to go towards some guitar lessons.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

One thing you notice is, listening to any of their stuff (Securb, JOLLY, Aceman, etc):

Little to no soloing.

And if there is soloing, it's very rudimentary and sloppy.

I, to this day, will never get why they constantly pretend to be "experts" to everyone else; what with the preponderance of evidence available that states otherwise.

I mean, don't they realize people can hear their shitty playing? :lol: :roll:

It's not the fact that they pretty much suck at guitar - no, that's perfectly understandable - it's the fact that they try to pretend to be way better than they really are, and try to lord it over everyone else (including those better than they) based on this delusion; when they sound like that.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

lll wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:54 pm One thing you notice is, listening to any of their stuff (Securb, JOLLY, Aceman, etc):

Little to no soloing.

And if there is soloing, it's very rudimentary and sloppy.

I, to this day, will never get why they constantly pretend to be "experts" to everyone else; what with the preponderance of evidence available that states otherwise.

I mean, don't they realize people can hear their shitty playing? :lol: :roll:

It's not the fact that they pretty much suck at guitar - no, that's perfectly understandable - it's the fact that they try to pretend to be way better than they really are, and try to lord it over everyone else (including those better than they) based on this delusion; when they sound like that.
That's something i've noticed big-time over the past couple of years, there's never any soloing - one forum had a Holy Wars thread because they constantly throw jabs at people that "you can't play Holy Wars" - out of 15 videos members put up, maybe two had bothered even the first solo Marty does before ...The Punishment Due kicks-in, let alone the final solo. I jammed with an old friend a few months ago - he knew a ton of songs but only the main riffs for the most part and I'd throw in the fills and solos on the ones I knew and he made a comment at one point almost snobbily saying "you're more of a lead player, huh?" No, it's just if you are going to learn a song because you want to jam or just maybe start a band and one day compose originals, learn it all the fucking way through and not just the main riffs you lazy fuck. And let me add that if someone just wants to play for their own enjoyment, do whatever makes you happy but don't try to puff yourself up online or in person as some badass guitarist and belittle others, you know?
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Watson503 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:42 pm That's something i've noticed big-time over the past couple of years, there's never any soloing - one forum had a Holy Wars thread because they constantly throw jabs at people that "you can't play Holy Wars" - out of 15 videos members put up, maybe two had bothered even the first solo Marty does before ...The Punishment Due kicks-in, let alone the final solo. I jammed with an old friend a few months ago - he knew a ton of songs but only the main riffs for the most part and I'd throw in the fills and solos on the ones I knew and he made a comment at one point almost snobbily saying "you're more of a lead player, huh?" No, it's just if you are going to learn a song because you want to jam or just maybe start a band and one day compose originals, learn it all the fucking way through and not just the main riffs you lazy fuck. And let me add that if someone just wants to play for their own enjoyment, do whatever makes you happy but don't try to puff yourself up online or in person as some badass guitarist and belittle others, you know?
Love Holy Wars! Love that whole album.

"you're more of a lead player, huh?"

:lol:

"learn it all the fucking way through and not just the main riffs you lazy fuck"

hear hear!

"And let me add that if someone just wants to play for their own enjoyment, do whatever makes you happy but don't try to puff yourself up online or in person as some badass guitarist and belittle others, you know?"

Well, the problem with that core group of dingleberrys over at Soymore is they all share the same psychoses and delusions and reinforce them with their groupthink. Undoubtedly goes something like this:

"We're the best and most experienced on the forum"

"yes we are"

"no doubt, that's right"

"no one else could possibly have played guitar as long as any of us"

"doubtful anyone on that forum has played live besides ourselves"

"i've done some rudimentary mixing in the past; no one else here has"

"i can sorta hack my way through the solo in Rock You Like A Hurricane; which makes me a guitar master compared to anyone else on the forum"

etc...

...along comes an outlier like myself (and others; believe me), and destroys the illusion... then the triggering, then trolling starts.

That previously mentioned beaubrummels statement to myself reveals this arrogance plainly; exhibit A again:
It’s your arrogance that you seem to think only you are the arbiter of how to make a sound, and dismiss and disrespect all the others on here who have spent the better part of half a century performing, recording and producing music.
(also note the blatant psychological projection there)
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:38 pm
RockyStar wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:22 am Those goons could really benefit from a metronome.
A long time ago, after his "musical resume" comment, I offered Securb and Co. $5 each to go towards some guitar lessons.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly they didn't take your money!
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:45 am
lll wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:38 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly they didn't take your money!
Even if they did, they'd spend it on booze and who knows what the fuck else.