Well, We All Knew Aceman (On Seymour Duncan Forum) Was A Fraud

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Well, We All Knew Aceman (On Seymour Duncan Forum) Was A Fraud

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:20 pm By doing this, Aceman just shit in Seymour's Wheaties... obviously has no respect for S. because of the trouble S. could get in having that on his forum.

You just don't pull shit like that; especially on a high profile website.
Who cares what could happen to Seymour when forum cred is to be gained. Gotta hype that forum supremacy!
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:41 am :lol:

Sometime in the past few hours that page has been altered to display a message saying, "You have to be logged in to view it."
That's because it was finally taken down.

I saved .pdfs of the whole thing.
I layed it down! Ratt content - Seymour Duncan User Group Forums 2up.pdf
2nd page updated
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:25 amThat's because it was finally taken down.
I don't blame them.

It was making them look dumb. :|

I mean, the little clique there tried to use it to punk LLL, but they wound up punking themselves.. At least that's how it read to me.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

As you will eventually see, his "excuse" for doing this was to "prank" me. (uh huh, sure) :roll:

Let's examine the behavior here, shall we? :lol:

- Acefraud (Aceman) starts a thread showcasing a clip ("Ratticus Finkus") of his on Soundcloud; proclaiming that the actual audio into from RATT's "Lay It Down" is his work. He explains how he worked towards it and even lists the gear he used.

- handful of people commend him on his effort (JamesPaul, ICTGoober, Negative Ease, Clint 55).

- Acefraud (Aceman) responds to a few of these other posters with more explanations as to how he achieved this... perfect tone.

- ICTGoober says he likes it.

At this point, you gotta wonder why the fuck nobody can recognize that it's the actual song. Unfamiliarity, I suppose.

- Is at this point I had noticed the thread. I listen to his clip, and my memory kicks in. I had visited his Soundcloud in the months past and noticed a "Ratticus Finkus" clip; to which I listened to and realized that it was the real "Lay It Down" intro track; except the intro was looped for two times before the band kicked in. I had also noticed a silent chunk in the recording; no doubt placed there to fool the Soundcloud algorithms from recognizing the real song (I have experience with this with a handful of my clips because they are close!). At the time, I thought it was very sketchy of him to have this on his pathetic 4-follower Soundcloud page.

- Then I proceed to post about how he's using the real RATT track. But I don't make accusations without proof; took me about 10 minutes to construct a side-by-side clip using the real track on the left channel and his on the right; as so:

I do my explanation, make statement about what would Atlantic Records or RATT think of this, etc...

- Negative Ease responds to my statement with a simple "haha"

- Acefraud (Aceman) responds to my statement complimenting my "ears", etc and claims the silent space in his track is for "no particular reason just goofin".

- beaubrummels says to me, "you had to go through all that? I started laughing when I saw "Raticus Finkus".

- Clint 55 realizes the fake now but also states, "Ace, u r funny".

- Negative Ease etc continue the "ha ha funny" conversation along with NegEase regaling Ace with questions about his cover band and "how does
Warren (and other players you cover) actual beautiful sounding riffs translate to the enjoyment of the movements on the fretboard?"

You'll notice that at no point did any of these clowns think what AceFraud did was questionable. No, it was "cool". :roll:

- I add, "Ace, you need to remove this thread before you or Seymour gets into hot water. Highly doubtful Seymour (or Atlantic for that matter) appreciates stolen IP featured on his website". And this was the right thing to do. It's one thing to make your own clips of stuff, it's a whole 'nother thing to take actual audio of a song written by someone else and try to pass it off as your own. That's fucking fraud / stolen Intellectual Property.

Remember, this is happening on a pickup forum, and not just any - Seymour Duncan's pickup forum. Image Acehat (Aceman /asshat / whatever) posting this shit on any other big time guitar gear manufacturer's forum. Imagine him posting this on gibson.com, for example. Shit wouldn't fly for a minute.

- The next day, I PM'd both Mincer and jeremy (admins). I asked both of them what they thought of someone who steals the actual audio of a band and tries to pass it as their own (without mentioning Acehat). They both essentially state "not cool" and suggest I notify the band and/or report it.

- I add a comment essentially stating that I don't get what is so fucking funny about someone literally ripping off RATT's music, etc...

- Meanwhile beaubrummels, JOLLY and (In)Securb jump in with their usual troll bullshit. JOLLY the fuckhead tells me "Anyone with half a brain knew/knows that Aceman did this as a joke" and to "Lighten up Francis" with a Sgt. Hulka meme.

Really, shithead? Then explain everyone patting Acehat on the head right after he posted it.

Anyways enough typing this shit - let's finish this.

- Acehat (Aceman) posts in the thread to the mods (Mincer, jeremy); complaining about me and wondering why I didn't "flag and report" his thread if I was so concerned, etc... he says he'll take the thread down upon request.

- jeremy (mod) says to Acehat (Aceman): "this is one of the many reasons we cant have nice things acebob" Apparently, he's cool with the plagiarism, even though he stated in the aforementioned PM to me that he's not cool with it. Why? Because it's Acehat, of course. :roll:

- I respond to Acehat (Aceman) that I did not flag and report, but I did ask both mods what they thought of someone who pulled shit like did (without naming Acehat). I explained that I had hoped he (Acehat) would be adult enough to delete the thread. etc

- (In)Securb posts a .gif of a baby having a temper tantrum; which is ironic, because you know damn well (In)Securb is having one at that moment.

- Acehat (Aceman) says, "I'm so confused now. I don't get how you are not get a well deserved gloat on?????". (WTF does that mean)

- (In)Securb posts a .gif of Jim Carrey as a lawyer in "Liar Liar" going "blablalbalbablalablalbalalablalal" in response to me.

- beaubrummels tries the bullshit method once again; trying to pass it off as Acehat was pulling a prank on me.

- Negative Ease says, "My god, this thread has gone full Karen."

- I make my final statement

After some hours, the entire thread gets deleted. I can only assume a mod yanked it because of the back-and-forth (standard M.O.). But not for the stolen IP action, of course. :roll:

Notice how not a single one of these asshats had a problem with Acehat (Aceman) stealing RATT's audio and pretending it was him playing, with two exceptions: ICTGoober. He is the only one that thumbed up my evidence and related statements. And JamesPaul, who just didn't know, and as much admitted so in a later animated .gif.

The rest of those "people" (if you can call them that) are scumbags of the lowest order. Miserable, talentless losers who support another miserable, talentless loser who shoots for forum cred using stolen audio:

Aceman, Securb, JOLLY, beaubrummels

I'm actually surprised that miserable fuck LesStrat didn't chime in too... but he was prolly busy.

Yeah, it was all a big prank. On me. Uh huh.

I could have reported his ass, the mods and Seymour Duncan forum, but I didn't. But I'm the big prick for calling out plagiarism. Right.

So there's yet another fine example of the miserable, talentless losers who dwell upon the Seymour Duncan User Group Forum.

Too bad for them this forum is on the internet as well, and anyone can read all about them here. It's a shame because there are some legit decent people on there, and they have to put up with those soul-less fucksticks also.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

PLX wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:29 am
lll wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:25 amThat's because it was finally taken down.
I don't blame them.

It was making them look dumb. :|

I mean, the little clique there tried to use it to punk LLL, but they wound up punking themselves.. At least that's how it read to me.
I see it that way as well.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

If any of us were to post something like what Acehat (Aceman) did, the thread would be deleted immediately, everyone would scream and point fingers at us, and we would be perma-banned.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Here's PM between the mods & I:

Mincer -

What Do You Think
LLL Today, 12:50 AM
of someone who steals a famous band's actual music recording... and then claims it as their own on this forum?
Mincer
Mincer Today, 01:56 AM
Well, we aren't a court of law here, so you can notify the band he is ripping off, and public shame him, too.

LLL
LLL Today, 01:59 AM
Don't you think it would be wise from a legal standpoint and CYA standpoint for Seymour to remove said thread?

For the time being, they have time to remove it themselves.
Mincer
Mincer Today, 02:00 AM
I will consult the legal team. But if it is a demonstration of a pickup, we're good.

LLL
LLL Today, 02:02 AM
It's not a pickup demo, it's actual audio extracted from the original song.

LLL
LLL Today, 02:03 AM
..being claimed as the poster's own work. (intellectual property considerations here)
Mincer
Mincer Today, 02:04 AM
If they say I should take it down, I will. Also, notify the band.

(PM'd the next part well after the thread was taken down, so Mincer knew it was Acehat by then)

LLL
LLL Today, 11:25 AM
Smooth move there on Ace's behalf. I mean, how ****ing stupid.

===

What Would You Think
jeremy:

LLL Today, 12:51 AM
of someone who steals a famous band's actual music recording... and then claims it as their own on this forum?
jeremy
jeremy Today, 03:56 AM
you mean, plagiarism? not a fan.

(PM'd the next part after jeremy inserted himself into the thread, so he knew it was Acehat)

LLL
LLL Today, 04:43 AM
Well, now you know. But not by my effort. I intentionally did not mention Ace in PMs to you and Mincer in hopes he would do the right thing.

LLL
LLL Today, 11:24 AM
Smooth move there on Ace's behalf. I mean, how ****ing stupid.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:30 am As you will eventually see, his "excuse" for doing this was to "prank" me. (uh huh, sure) :roll:

Let's examine the behavior here, shall we? :lol:

- Acefraud (Aceman) starts a thread showcasing a clip ("Ratticus Finkus") of his on Soundcloud; proclaiming that the actual audio into from RATT's "Lay It Down" is his work. He explains how he worked towards it and even lists the gear he used.

- handful of people commend him on his effort (JamesPaul, ICTGoober, Negative Ease, Clint 55).

- Acefraud (Aceman) responds to a few of these other posters with more explanations as to how he achieved this... perfect tone.

- ICTGoober says he likes it.

At this point, you gotta wonder why the fuck nobody can recognize that it's the actual song. Unfamiliarity, I suppose.

- Is at this point I had noticed the thread. I listen to his clip, and my memory kicks in. I had visited his Soundcloud in the months past and noticed a "Ratticus Finkus" clip; to which I listened to and realized that it was the real "Lay It Down" intro track; except the intro was looped for two times before the band kicked in. I had also noticed a silent chunk in the recording; no doubt placed there to fool the Soundcloud algorithms from recognizing the real song (I have experience with this with a handful of my clips because they are close!). At the time, I thought it was very sketchy of him to have this on his pathetic 4-follower Soundcloud page.

- Then I proceed to post about how he's using the real RATT track. But I don't make accusations without proof; took me about 10 minutes to construct a side-by-side clip using the real track on the left channel and his on the right; as so:

I do my explanation, make statement about what would Atlantic Records or RATT think of this, etc...

- Negative Ease responds to my statement with a simple "haha"

- Acefraud (Aceman) responds to my statement complimenting my "ears", etc and claims the silent space in his track is for "no particular reason just goofin".

- beaubrummels says to me, "you had to go through all that? I started laughing when I saw "Raticus Finkus".

- Clint 55 realizes the fake now but also states, "Ace, u r funny".

- Negative Ease etc continue the "ha ha funny" conversation along with NegEase regaling Ace with questions about his cover band and "how does
Warren (and other players you cover) actual beautiful sounding riffs translate to the enjoyment of the movements on the fretboard?"

You'll notice that at no point did any of these clowns think what AceFraud did was questionable. No, it was "cool". :roll:

- I add, "Ace, you need to remove this thread before you or Seymour gets into hot water. Highly doubtful Seymour (or Atlantic for that matter) appreciates stolen IP featured on his website". And this was the right thing to do. It's one thing to make your own clips of stuff, it's a whole 'nother thing to take actual audio of a song written by someone else and try to pass it off as your own. That's fucking fraud / stolen Intellectual Property.

Remember, this is happening on a pickup forum, and not just any - Seymour Duncan's pickup forum. Image Acehat (Aceman /asshat / whatever) posting this shit on any other big time guitar gear manufacturer's forum. Imagine him posting this on gibson.com, for example. Shit wouldn't fly for a minute.

- The next day, I PM'd both Mincer and jeremy (admins). I asked both of them what they thought of someone who steals the actual audio of a band and tries to pass it as their own (without mentioning Acehat). They both essentially state "not cool" and suggest I notify the band and/or report it.

- I add a comment essentially stating that I don't get what is so fucking funny about someone literally ripping off RATT's music, etc...

- Meanwhile beaubrummels, JOLLY and (In)Securb jump in with their usual troll bullshit. JOLLY the fuckhead tells me "Anyone with half a brain knew/knows that Aceman did this as a joke" and to "Lighten up Francis" with a Sgt. Hulka meme.

Really, shithead? Then explain everyone patting Acehat on the head right after he posted it.

Anyways enough typing this shit - let's finish this.

- Acehat (Aceman) posts in the thread to the mods (Mincer, jeremy); complaining about me and wondering why I didn't "flag and report" his thread if I was so concerned, etc... he says he'll take the thread down upon request.

- jeremy (mod) says to Acehat (Aceman): "this is one of the many reasons we cant have nice things acebob" Apparently, he's cool with the plagiarism, even though he stated in the aforementioned PM to me that he's not cool with it. Why? Because it's Acehat, of course. :roll:

- I respond to Acehat (Aceman) that I did not flag and report, but I did ask both mods what they thought of someone who pulled shit like did (without naming Acehat). I explained that I had hoped he (Acehat) would be adult enough to delete the thread. etc

- (In)Securb posts a .gif of a baby having a temper tantrum; which is ironic, because you know damn well (In)Securb is having one at that moment.

- Acehat (Aceman) says, "I'm so confused now. I don't get how you are not get a well deserved gloat on?????". (WTF does that mean)

- (In)Securb posts a .gif of Jim Carrey as a lawyer in "Liar Liar" going "blablalbalbablalablalbalalablalal" in response to me.

- beaubrummels tries the bullshit method once again; trying to pass it off as Acehat was pulling a prank on me.

- Negative Ease says, "My god, this thread has gone full Karen."

- I make my final statement

After some hours, the entire thread gets deleted. I can only assume a mod yanked it because of the back-and-forth (standard M.O.). But not for the stolen IP action, of course. :roll:

Notice how not a single one of these asshats had a problem with Acehat (Aceman) stealing RATT's audio and pretending it was him playing, with two exceptions: ICTGoober. He is the only one that thumbed up my evidence and related statements. And JamesPaul, who just didn't know, and as much admitted so in a later animated .gif.

The rest of those "people" (if you can call them that) are scumbags of the lowest order. Miserable, talentless losers who support another miserable, talentless loser who shoots for forum cred using stolen audio:

Aceman, Securb, JOLLY, beaubrummels

I'm actually surprised that miserable fuck LesStrat didn't chime in too... but he was prolly busy.

Yeah, it was all a big prank. On me. Uh huh.

I could have reported his ass, the mods and Seymour Duncan forum, but I didn't. But I'm the big prick for calling out plagiarism. Right.

So there's yet another fine example of the miserable, talentless losers who dwell upon the Seymour Duncan User Group Forum.

Too bad for them this forum is on the internet as well, and anyone can read all about them here. It's a shame because there are some legit decent people on there, and they have to put up with those soul-less fucksticks also.
What a shit show. It has fallen to an even lower level from when I left there. If Seymour was aware (I hope he is) or if Seymour actually cared (I hope he does) he would fire every mod and ban every bitch in that clique and get some proper people in there to handle things because clearly the people in place can't do so.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:45 amWhat a shit show. It has fallen to an even lower level from when I left there. If Seymour was aware (I hope he is) or if Seymour actually cared (I hope he does) he would fire every mod and ban every bitch in that clique and get some proper people in there to handle things because clearly the people in place can't do so.
It boggles the mind as to just how low, sociopathic and miserable some people are.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

All of the below yet it was a late April Fool's joke...? No one with any sense would buy that, considering the below text he wrote before he was busted fleshing-out his OP which outlines his process and such for this fantasy recording of his. I mean this is total bullshit, he was straight-up trying to con everyone and got busted
So, I meant to put this up a lot earlier. It's like 5 months old, apparently a lot
earlier! What can I say...I got busy. It happens.
Anyway - I have like zero recording chops. So I had been reading up on
assorted "how to's" in GarageBand, YouTube vids, etc, etc. We were talking
about putting this song back into the setlist so I was working on the riff. The
other guitar player plays it, and he plays Floyded Strat styles usually, so
going drop D is a pain, and you can play the riff without it. Ironic as his
hands are smaller and he plays 25.5 scale guitars and I play 24 3/4 scale
with bigger hands.
Anyhow, I was messing around and got a killer sound out of my amp/fx on
this, so much so I spent the better part of an afternoon (read "all day") really
digging in on getting that sound down on the digital tape. As soon as I felt I
had nailed it, I grabbed a backing track and threw it under my guitar, and
chopped my track in. I never finished it completely, as I was going out for
the evening, but I mixed it down so the other guitar player to listen to.

So...

This is a Dean Cadillac, with a covered JB, into my Mesa on the Lead
Channel set to Crunch with delay. The really hard part was getting the
reverb just so (decay/level blah blah blah) on the garage band channels I
was recording and a few other things. I had to change up the guitar grit a
couple of times. I always use too much gain! SM57 on the Speaker.
Anyway, total apologies for not finishing, volume jacked up etc.I was burned
out on this. Took me for freaking ever! But - My Lay It Down riff!
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan