Listen To This Intellectually Dishonest BS

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Middle Manager

Re: Listen To This Intellectually Dishonest BS

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:40 pm
lll wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:52 pm
RockyStar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:14 pm Shouldn't they be discussing pizza, pot, their massive knowledge or ear fatigue from pickup swaps or some other bullshit
Right now the hot topic is Acehat begging the mods for new "gloss" (forum title that goes under the user's name).

I've got one:

Acehat gloss.jpg

:twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will blow for guitar lessons or did blow for very bad lessons?
Both!
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:38 pm
lll wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:37 pm
RockyStar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:14 pm The Soy's are at it again. Shouldn't they be discussing pizza, pot, their massive knowledge or ear fatigue from pickup swaps or some other bullshit? Wankers, all of them.
LOL

Hey what's this "ear fatigue from pickup swaps" all about?
https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... ck-winters
"Possible ear fatigue" my ass.

Did you read some of his other comments about the Black Winter pickups?
When I switched to my Strat with the Fralin High Output the guitar sounded flat and off. It also felt like my finger sensitivity was gone. I know the guitar sounds amazing so I thought maybe I was just not jiving with it that night. Tonight I opened the set with my other hard rock/metal band with the Black Winter Strat. Once again it sounded fantastic. When I switched to my Les Paul with the WLHs once again the guitar felt and sounded flat.
Sounds like the douche is trying too hard to jam his schnozz up Seymour's ass.

For brownie points, because he has to prove some value to the forum after his repeated jackassery over the years.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

I added even more facts (and a resounding mic drop) with:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... ost6186135
To further illustrate the blatantly objective component here, below are some very interesting grunge guitarists' quotes from the book "This Ain't the Summer of Love: Conflict and Crossover in Heavy Metal and Punk"
book quotes.jpg
book quotes.jpg (167.41 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Some distillation:
I don't really admire skill... it just doesn't matter to me.
- Steve Turner, Mudhoney
We're not that good musicians, thank God.
- Kurt Cobain, Nirvana
Uh, gee I guess what I'm trying to say is: theory is a waste of time.
- Kurt Cobain, Nirvana
And the cherry on top explaining the real reasons:
To add - overall, it was simply sour grapes.

(There is a major psychological component here as well)

They just couldn't play guitar at a higher skill level like their "shredder" peers.

Which is fine...

...except they intentionally attempted to lower the bar by bashing skilled players (Nirvana ragging on Extreme/Nuno) and even attempting to de-value that which has value ("skill doesn't matter to me" etc) to be viewed as relevant players with their lower level of guitar skill.

And not surprisingly, this phenomenon is still here to this very day... and not just guitar playing, everywhere. The corporate office, etc...

The weak/less-skilled will do anything, even outright lie... to try to level the playing field with the strong/more-skilled.
And they're still flailing away trying to defend grunge guitar playing with irrelevant tangents and word-twisting. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:16 pm
RockyStar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:40 pm
lll wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:52 pm

Right now the hot topic is Acehat begging the mods for new "gloss" (forum title that goes under the user's name).

I've got one:

Acehat gloss.jpg

:twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will blow for guitar lessons or did blow for very bad lessons?
Both!
:lol:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:20 pm
RockyStar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:38 pm
lll wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:37 pm

LOL

Hey what's this "ear fatigue from pickup swaps" all about?
https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... ck-winters
"Possible ear fatigue" my ass.

Did you read some of his other comments about the Black Winter pickups?
When I switched to my Strat with the Fralin High Output the guitar sounded flat and off. It also felt like my finger sensitivity was gone. I know the guitar sounds amazing so I thought maybe I was just not jiving with it that night. Tonight I opened the set with my other hard rock/metal band with the Black Winter Strat. Once again it sounded fantastic. When I switched to my Les Paul with the WLHs once again the guitar felt and sounded flat.
Sounds like the douche is trying too hard to jam his schnozz up Seymour's ass.

For brownie points, because he has to prove some value to the forum after his repeated jackassery over the years.
Sounds like he is nestled up tight and resting comfortably as Seymour's banana hammock.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:20 pm I added even more facts (and a resounding mic drop) with:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... ost6186135
To further illustrate the blatantly objective component here, below are some very interesting grunge guitarists' quotes from the book "This Ain't the Summer of Love: Conflict and Crossover in Heavy Metal and Punk"
book quotes.jpg
Some distillation:
I don't really admire skill... it just doesn't matter to me.
- Steve Turner, Mudhoney
We're not that good musicians, thank God.
- Kurt Cobain, Nirvana
Uh, gee I guess what I'm trying to say is: theory is a waste of time.
- Kurt Cobain, Nirvana
And the cherry on top explaining the real reasons:
To add - overall, it was simply sour grapes.

(There is a major psychological component here as well)

They just couldn't play guitar at a higher skill level like their "shredder" peers.

Which is fine...

...except they intentionally attempted to lower the bar by bashing skilled players (Nirvana ragging on Extreme/Nuno) and even attempting to de-value that which has value ("skill doesn't matter to me" etc) to be viewed as relevant players with their lower level of guitar skill.

And not surprisingly, this phenomenon is still here to this very day... and not just guitar playing, everywhere. The corporate office, etc...

The weak/less-skilled will do anything, even outright lie... to try to level the playing field with the strong/more-skilled.
And they're still flailing away trying to defend grunge guitar playing with irrelevant tangents and word-twisting. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like losers trying to devalue winners so the losers become winners by default in their own twisted minds. I couldn't imagine living like that but clearly that soy bunch does. Embarrassing really and I almost feel sorry for them, but not quite.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:00 pmSounds like he is nestled up tight and resting comfortably as Seymour's banana hammock.
While disturbing as fuck :lol: - I believe your description of Securb is spot on.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:08 pmSounds like losers trying to devalue winners so the losers become winners by default in their own twisted minds.
Yep - that's what poseurs do.

Weak people are very dangerous and are not to be trusted.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:14 pm
RockyStar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:08 pmSounds like losers trying to devalue winners so the losers become winners by default in their own twisted minds.
Yep - that's what poseurs do.

Weak people are very dangerous and are not to be trusted.
And in this case you can add tolerated to your statement.
I.M. Woke
Recruit

Post by I.M. Woke »

Sounds like my kind of crowd!!!!! Cuck central!!!!!
Social Justice Warrior with a big computer keyboard and a big mouth