Listen To This Intellectually Dishonest BS

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
lll
Middle Manager

Listen To This Intellectually Dishonest BS

Post by lll »

Post #422, Negative Ease

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... ost6185900
The idea that a whole generation mostly didn't play shred in the 90s because they "couldn't" instead of "didn't" is laughable.

How hard do you guys think typical guitar shredding actually is?

It's not some escapable skill -in fact most players I know with some talent can shred in 2-3 years of playing if they are dedicated.

I mean most shredders are just pentatonic minor wankers anyways.

Most playing -even in the 80s Glam era is just not that special.

Yall need to forgive the 90s and move on!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Re: Listen To This Intellectually Dishonest BS

Post by PLX »

Can't see it.

I thought I was bant for a minute, but then I remembered I never created an account there.

:D
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

He edited the quote from his original but even his post edit "I mean most shredders are just pentatonic minor wankers anyways" made me just shake my head...These types should really just keep their mouths shut and their hands away from their keyboards because the more shit they post like this, they show how little they know. I mean shit, every guitarist I know after 2-3 years of playing could just rip Cacophony's Concerto or Yngwie's Trilogy Suite Op: 5....it's all "pentatonic wanking" anyway! HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's further our post count and impress the hell outta the guys by saying how easy and anyone can rip-through some shred a'la Loomis or Friedman to bolster our ego and self who can't even play along with some three chord songs if our life depended on it.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

It's the same old chestnut you see all the time when you discuss playing styles with the internet community.

I could throw "Doug Gilmour" out there - and who hasn't heard that old argument "Doug Gilmour says more with one note than Yngwie says with a million notes" online argument etc... :lol:

(I like both players myself, for the record)

Objectively speaking, the fact is, "shredding" takes a lot of technical skill (whether you like "shredding" or not; which is purely subjective).

They just try to dismiss that fact because of a number/combination of reasons:

a) they can't shred themselves because they don't have "it", or they don't practice enough
b) they don't want their hackjob guitar "heroes" to be seen as lesser players compared to famous "shredders"
c) they don't like music styles that have "shredding" in them
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

The Soy's are at it again. Shouldn't they be discussing pizza, pot, their massive knowledge or ear fatigue from pickup swaps or some other bullshit? Wankers, all of them.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:14 pm The Soy's are at it again. Shouldn't they be discussing pizza, pot, their massive knowledge or ear fatigue from pickup swaps or some other bullshit? Wankers, all of them.
LOL

Hey what's this "ear fatigue from pickup swaps" all about?
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

RockyStar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:14 pm Shouldn't they be discussing pizza, pot, their massive knowledge or ear fatigue from pickup swaps or some other bullshit
Right now the hot topic is Acehat begging the mods for new "gloss" (forum title that goes under the user's name).

I've got one:
Acehat gloss.jpg
Acehat gloss.jpg (42.01 KiB) Viewed 87 times
:twisted:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

I hate the sound of sweep picking. :x

am i doing this right ?
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:37 pm
RockyStar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:14 pm The Soy's are at it again. Shouldn't they be discussing pizza, pot, their massive knowledge or ear fatigue from pickup swaps or some other bullshit? Wankers, all of them.
LOL

Hey what's this "ear fatigue from pickup swaps" all about?
https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/t ... ck-winters
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

lll wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:52 pm
RockyStar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:14 pm Shouldn't they be discussing pizza, pot, their massive knowledge or ear fatigue from pickup swaps or some other bullshit
Right now the hot topic is Acehat begging the mods for new "gloss" (forum title that goes under the user's name).

I've got one:

Acehat gloss.jpg

:twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will blow for guitar lessons or did blow for very bad lessons?