Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love Test

lll
Middle Manager

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love Test

Post by lll »

Took some time EQing here. Same gear except used a Strymon El Cap after the Badgerplex (then into amp), and amp up to 9 on volume

Also added some Eventide H910... VERY INTERESTING.

Sorry, no flanger:

Bonus noodling with this tone:

The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Re: Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love Test

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:31 am ..Also added some Eventide H910... VERY INTERESTING..
Ted Templeman has said he used the Eventide on Ed's guitar tracks as early as the first album.

Sounds very, very close.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:24 am
lll wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:31 am ..Also added some Eventide H910... VERY INTERESTING..
Ted Templeman has said he used the Eventide on Ed's guitar tracks as early as the first album.

Sounds very, very close.
Try stock H910 (Eventide plugin) and turn the feedback knob about 15%

Place after EQing; in line with plugin chain (not bussed out to another track like you would with reverb)
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:26 am Try stock H910 (Eventide plugin) and turn the feedback knob about 15%

Place after EQing; in line with plugin chain (not bussed out to another track like you would with reverb)
I'll check it out. Think I might have lost the Eventide plugin when my desktop PC died last year.

Have you tried running two Echoplex pre-amps in series in your signal chain ?

Something very interesting happens. 8-)
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:33 amHave you tried running two Echoplex pre-amps in series in your signal chain ?

Something very interesting happens. 8-)
Nada. What happens?
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:37 am Nada. What happens?
Right now, I'm running the Clinch EP-PRE clone pedal into the Badgerplex AC.

Either one alone in the signal chain is great, but running two in series like Ed did is really something special.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Sounds pretty damn good, brother!!!
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Sounds absolutely killer III... I love it, I would have never guessed Eventide 910 on VH1 but damn... it sounds very close to my ears.

How much are you detuning the pitch? .998 cents Mono or are you running .998 cents and 1.0 cents left and right to fatten things up?????

The 15% is the amount of overall wet mix correct?

Wow, very cool III thanks for sharing the insight also PLX for adding the Ted Templeman quote..... :mrgreen:

I may have to fire up the Ed rig tomorrow and click on the Eventide art 15% and see what I get.... :lol:

Just when I thought I've hear it all about VH1 you guys come along and add more knowledge.... LOVE IT! 8-)
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

harddriver wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:34 am Sounds absolutely killer III... I love it, I would have never guessed Eventide 910 on VH1 but damn... it sounds very close to my ears.

How much are you detuning the pitch? .998 cents Mono or are you running .998 cents and 1.0 cents left and right to fatten things up?????

Wow, very cool III thanks for sharing the insight also PLX for adding the Ted Templeman quote..... :mrgreen:

I may have to fire up the Ed rig tomorrow and click on the Eventide art 15% and see what I get.... :lol:

Just when I thought I've hear it all about VH1 you guys come along and add more knowledge.... LOVE IT! 8-)
Eventide's H910 plugin on default settings; no attempt at detuning (jumps between 1.000 and .999 by default).

No, Feedback knob turned about 15% from default - this gives the tone a little space a la super short reverb - to my ears anyways.

Also try panning the L guitar not quite so far left (maybe 50-75% left).
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

lll wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:58 pm
harddriver wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:34 am Sounds absolutely killer III... I love it, I would have never guessed Eventide 910 on VH1 but damn... it sounds very close to my ears.

Eventide's H910 plugin on default settings; no attempt at detuning (jumps between 1.000 and .999 by default).

No, Feedback knob turned about 15% from default - this gives the tone a little space a la super short reverb - to my ears anyways.

Also try panning the L guitar not quite so far left (maybe 50-75% left).
Is there a feedback control on the Eventide Pitchfactor I can't remember.... It's been awhile since I have jammed with it... :roll:
Either way I really like what it sound like in you clip..........it's subtle but really big in the same way......