Post by lll »

No EQing! Interesting...

strat w/ SH-5
|
BadgerFX Trilogy
|
Strymon El Cap (off)
|
Marshall (all dimed except Bass OFF, Bright Vol 8) -> Suhr Reactive Load (not using Line Out here)
|
Suhr Line Out
|
UA Apollo 6x Hi-Z in
|
Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound (Ownhammer D-120 0dB, PreRola Greenback -3.2dB - summed mono)
33% Room A Reverb on both
|
IK Multimedia Sunset Sound Studio 1 Chamber (hi, lo pass)
|
Limiter, Ampex Tape

The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Re: My Amp Just iRs & Reverb

Post by PLX »

Sounds damn good !
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Nice... you really have me looking at a Suhr reactive load III.......These clips sound like real speakers and I never thought I would say that.....as I am a analog snob..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:30 am Nice... you really have me looking at a Suhr reactive load III.......These clips sound like real speakers and I never thought I would say that.....as I am a analog snob..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Honestly, the impulse responses now are so good, I have gotten confused between a track I recorded thru an SM-57 or my AKG-220 and a line-out signal I ran thru a cab/mic IR in my DAW.. and that's listening right here at my desk through a pair of reference monitors. :shock:

They're that convincing.

Considering the sheer volume required to load a mic properly, unless you have some sort of ISO room or an insulated box with a 1x12 and a couple mics in it, the silent recording thru a reactive load is really the way to go.

Plus, in my experience you blow fewer speakers that way too. :oops:
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

harddriver wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:30 am Nice... you really have me looking at a Suhr reactive load III.......These clips sound like real speakers and I never thought I would say that.....as I am a analog snob..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, you must delve into the reactive load + speaker iRs setup. I love a real cranked speaker as much as anyone, but let's face it - they're damn loud.

Here's another I did using my Plexi + Suhr Reactive Load + iRs (greenbacks) AC/DC style (different thread):

viewtopic.php?f=20&p=12453&sid=d52ff8e1 ... a8d5a7d4e4
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.