The Infamous "Dual Variac" Setup Thread From MetroAmp

lll
Middle Manager

The Infamous "Dual Variac" Setup Thread From MetroAmp

Post by lll »

One of the best examples all-time of those asshats over there attempting to drum up discussion and perpetuate the bullshit; circa 2015.
This Variac thing is UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING

Postby jnew » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:50 pm

David (PLEXIFIED) got me on to this. AND IT'S SICK. It's been mentioned and talked about but I don't think anyone has done it because no one has reported back here about it. Unless I missed it.

Stock plexi circuit variac'd to taste and pushed, as usual. Speaker + and - from head, out to the 2nd variac set at 90, and then to the cab + and -. Simple as that. NOTE: the 2nd variac is NOT plugged into the wall. Only plug it into the wall to set it to 90VAC. Then unplug from the wall and use "hot" and "neutral" blades on the plug as the + and - for the speaker cable. Ground is not used. And then from the variac's normal AC out, again no ground used. Use the "hot" and "neutral" to the + and - of the speaker cable to the cab. The 2nd variac I bought made this really simple because it's really old and uses binding post's for the in's and out's. So old, there was no ground. :lol:

I need to find my SM-57 and interface and make a clip but do this. Then report back after you've SH*&^T your pants. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :roll:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.