The famous Jose Load box owned by Mark Cameron...

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: The famous Jose Load box owned by Mark Cameron...

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:41 pm
Mark Abracadabraimgonnastabya immediately started calling him a liar, and Strat78 (and a couple of the other gutless band-wagoners) piled on.. :?:

Well, I went the opposite direction and started PM'ing him, and telling him those guys were a bunch of assholes. :lol:
Mark Abracadabraimgonnastabya as in Rockstah? He could be a real dick sometimes but he posted some good stuff but alot of people on Metro were lost inside his bunghole for sure. I was polite but I traded barbs with him numerous times since I wouldn't kiss his ass. He came in to shit on a For Sale ad that I had for a Kramer guitar, pretty dick move in my opinion, I was like WTF and STFU Rockstah. Sad he died so young but that doesn't excuse his behavior at times.

I read the thread again from what posts were left, did you comment in the Robin L threads as PLX or another name? I can't remember....

So did he ever cop to who he actually was? Just a regular Roadie on the tour maybe?
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:51 pm
PLX wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:41 pm
Mark Abracadabraimgonnastabya immediately started calling him a liar, and Strat78 (and a couple of the other gutless band-wagoners) piled on.. :?:

Well, I went the opposite direction and started PM'ing him, and telling him those guys were a bunch of assholes. :lol:
Mark Abracadabraimgonnastabya as in Rockstah? He could be a real dick sometimes but he posted some good stuff but alot of people on Metro were lost inside his bunghole for sure. I was polite but I traded barbs with him numerous times since I wouldn't kiss his ass. He came in to shit on a For Sale ad that I had for a Kramer guitar, pretty dick move in my opinion, I was like WTF and STFU Rockstah. Sad he died so young but that doesn't excuse his behavior at times.

I read the thread again from what posts were left, did you comment in the Robin L threads as PLX or another name? I can't remember....
I actually never posted in Robin L's thread at all. I was just reading them in real-time as they were being posted. I did not agree with the way the little "clique" there were acting towards him. :evil:

I started a conversation with him in private message, but never in the open forum.

He told me he was a roadie with VH, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, etc. He was just posting what he saw and what he knew. The mistake he made was initially trying to get attention by trying to pass himself off as Ed's old guitar tech. Those dumbasses lost their damn minds and couldn't see past that to what he was saying about the gear - which was all I cared about. :lol:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:56 pm
I started a conversation with him in private message, but never in the open forum.

He told me he was a roadie with VH, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, etc. He was just posting what he saw and what he knew. The mistake he made was initially trying to get attention by trying to pass himself off as Ed's old guitar tech. Those dumbasses lost their damn minds and couldn't see past that to what he was saying about the gear - which was all I cared about. :lol:
That all makes sense to me, He seemed very knowledgeable and very matter of fact telling stuff that had not been talked about prior.

I was the one that posited the idea that he was Robin L so that was my fault, he should have said he wasn't up front but he did say that later after Dave F asked him the secret question that only Rudy Leiren would know he did state that he wasn't Rudy but he was there but he wouldn't state in what capacity. I stated it on Metro, I think he was legitimate and had quality information.

How do you know he is the same guy in the video with Mark Cameron? Just curious...
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:10 pm How do you know he is the same guy in the video with Mark Cameron? Just curious...
I've kept in touch with some of the people from metroamp, over the years.

Like garbeaj, the admin here, SDM, Jeff from HighOrder pickups, Leadguy, etc.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:16 pm
I've kept in touch with some of the people from metroamp, over the years.

Like garbeaj, the admin here, SDM, Jeff from HighOrder pickups, Leadguy, etc.
Thats cool, hows SDM doing? I thought I read he had gotten sick, I hope is is ok. Smart dude, he designed Metro's Zero Loss Loop, he helped me a few times during my first build... Novosibir(Larry) as well.

I didn't have too much interaction with garbeaj in threads I think he came in after the Metro highpoint but I occasionlly I hear from Rgalpin, BMF5150, Bike Mike. Strat78 got kind a weird before he went AWOL. Rgalpin and I shared alot of info, I sent a ton of VH bootlegs cds.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:25 pmThats cool, hows SDM doing? I thought I read he had gotten sick, I hope is is ok. Smart dude, he designed Metro's Zero Loss Loop, he helped me a few times during my first build... Novosibir(Larry) as well.

I didn't have too much interaction with garbeaj in threads I think he came in after the Metro highpoint but I occasionlly I hear from Rgalpin, BMF5150, Bike Mike. Strat78 got kind a weird before he went AWOL. Rgalpin and I shared alot of info, I sent a ton of VH bootlegs cds.
I e-mailed garbeaj yesterday to try to get him to join up here and post content in the EVH section.

Allen helped me with a ton of EVH tablature :!:

I e-mailed with Miller a short while ago with some amp questions. Sad to hear he was ill. :(

Strat78 got sick with Bell's Palsy, and he couldn't play guitar anymore. :(
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

That some sad news about SDM. I knew Strat78 went through a real bad time with his knee replacement surgeries he got a bad staff infection in the bones of his knees and they had to remove the prosthetic to kill the infection. I'm not sure how it ever turned out for him, that's sad to hear the Bells Palsy diagnosis he was a good player and added some quality info to the conversation.

BMF5150(Stan) is doing good, I talked to him after his divorce, he built a pretty killer Camero. Rgalpin is doing well and still messes with his amp every now and then.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:41 pm That some sad news about SDM. I knew Strat78 went through a real bad time with his knee replacement surgeries he got a bad staff infection in the bones of his knees and they had to remove the prosthetic to kill the infection. I'm not sure how it ever turned out for him, that's sad to hear the Bells Palsy diagnosis he was a good player and added some quality info to the conversation.
Check out some of those last videos he posted to his YouTube channel, where his hands are shaking so bad he is having trouble playing.

:cry:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:51 pm Mark Abracadabraimgonnastabya as in Rockstah? He could be a real dick sometimes but he posted some good stuff but alot of people on Metro were lost inside his bunghole for sure. I was polite but I traded barbs with him numerous times since I wouldn't kiss his ass. He came in to shit on a For Sale ad that I had for a Kramer guitar, pretty dick move in my opinion, I was like WTF and STFU Rockstah. Sad he died so young but that doesn't excuse his behavior at times.
Did you ever get the real story as to how he died :?:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:51 pm Did you ever get the real story as to how he died :?:
I thought it was announced as an acute heart attack.