JINJER VOICEVESTIGATION

Yakk about life, death, taxes and how juicy that last steak was that you grilled
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: JINJER VOICEVESTIGATION

Post by harddriver »

I can appreciate the musicianship and she has a really good voice and at the moment I think her softer voice is very female. I don't think a male even on hormones can have a feminine singing voice... I could be wrong as they seem to have perfected the transition thing if done early.

But according to the hand test she appears to be female. Her index finger is either equal to or longer than her ring finger. Supposedly most males ring fingers are longer than their index finger according to the transpocalyse guy and others. I'm sure there are some outliers on both sides so I'm not saying that technique is infallible but my ring finger is longer than my index finger...so YMMV

I've watched a few live shows and she transistions so quickly from the cookie monster growls to her low voice so quickly in either direction I 'm not sure any electronic effect could keep up at least live.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:16 am I can appreciate the musicianship and she has a really good voice and at the moment I think her softer voice is very female. I don't think a male even on hormones can have a feminine singing voice... I could be wrong as they seem to have perfected the transition thing if done early.

But according to the hand test she appears to be female. Her index finger is either equal to or longer than her ring finger. Supposedly most males ring fingers are longer than their index finger according to the transpocalyse guy and others. I'm sure there are some outliers on both sides so I'm not saying that technique is infallible but my ring finger is longer than my index finger...so YMMV

I've watched a few live shows and she transistions so quickly from the cookie monster growls to her low voice so quickly in either direction I 'm not sure any electronic effect could keep up at least live.
Dimebag Darrel and Ed Van Halen quit using pedlaboards and started using a tech who would click on/off all the effects for them from backstage, in real-time during live shows.

This would be the same sort of thing..

Even better if she has a button on the mic or somewhere on her person to turn the effect on/off herself.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

I think the tech is easily there to click on and off as needed. Just like using a pedal. The other thought is she is simply demon possessed and the demon possessed personality/voice takes over back and forth. You get into the powers of darkness and you are open to all kinds of things.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

And the band is from Ukraine so go figure...
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:24 am
Dimebag Darrel and Ed Van Halen quit using pedlaboards and started using a tech who would click on/off all the effects for them from backstage, in real-time during live shows.

This would be the same sort of thing..

Even better if she has a button on the mic or somewhere on her person to turn the effect on/off herself.
All great points that are fully plausible. I even watched the interview with Tatiana had with the vocal coach in the video and not once did she do one of her trademark growls live to show she is really capable of doing that impromptu off of the stage without a microphone.

As that vocal coach stated usually that type of guttural growling especially in female voices would damage the vocal chords especially if repeatedly done and at high volumes like screaming and then to be able to transition back to the delicate soft strong voice without any rasp effect would be difficult for the human voice to recover so quickly.

I guess I'll have to leave to it's very possible with tech these days so until I see her doing her growls publicly with out a mic then it's probably a stage trick or demons. ;)
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Watson503 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:51 pm And the band is from Ukraine so go figure...
KHAZARIAN.................... :o :roll:
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

harddriver wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:20 pm
Watson503 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:51 pm And the band is from Ukraine so go figure...
KHAZARIAN.................... :o :roll:
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

BINGO!!!
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

If you listen to this track, it sounds like a real vocal affectation.. something she's actually doing with her own voice.

The previous ones posted here sound like an octaver on her vocal track.

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:14 am If you listen to this track, it sounds like a real vocal affectation.. something she's actually doing with her own voice.

The previous ones posted here sound like an octaver on her vocal track.

I agree... There are times she is coming out of the cookie monster growl and goes into her singing voice and the transition is seemless.....It's amazing she doesn't blow out her vocal chords but she must have found a way to cookie growl without tearing her voice up... She does have a strong voice either way.