Best Cameron Dumpster Fire Thread In Years

Yakk about life, death, taxes and how juicy that last steak was that you grilled
PLX
Executive

Best Cameron Dumpster Fire Thread In Years

Post by PLX »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: Best Cameron Dumpster Fire Thread In Years

Post by Watson503 »

From the video in the OP of that thread, the dude has 8 heads in view and later in the thread says in response to the question posed below - his response I'll bold - but also in the video I'll post below all of that (it was in the OP of that thread) he has a "signature" amp...? Dude can't even play one full song and he's got not only all of these amps but a "signature" amp from this fucker?
Can we get a video of you playing a full song in your basement to your cats with all those CCVs and backup CCVs?

ITS A JOKE, ITS FUNNY
Response:
I’m actually allergic to cats. I do have a hypoallergenic puppy who is super cute.

I don’t even know if know any full songs! Lol

I barely have time to play because I work a lot and only do guitar as a hobby. Collecting gear and playing when I can, is my escape.

Edit: Also, forgot to add that I thought his shirt said "Groomer" at first...
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:40 am From the video in the OP of that thread, the dude has 8 heads in view and later in the thread says in response to the question posed below - his response I'll bold - but also in the video I'll post below all of that (it was in the OP of that thread) he has a "signature" amp...? Dude can't even play one full song and he's got not only all of these amps but a "signature" amp from this fucker?
Can we get a video of you playing a full song in your basement to your cats with all those CCVs and backup CCVs?

ITS A JOKE, ITS FUNNY
Response:
I’m actually allergic to cats. I do have a hypoallergenic puppy who is super cute.

I don’t even know if know any full songs! Lol

I barely have time to play because I work a lot and only do guitar as a hobby. Collecting gear and playing when I can, is my escape.

Edit: Also, forgot to add that I thought his shirt said "Groomer" at first...
I used to do video guitar lessons online about 20 years ago..

This sort of sentiment displayed here is why I don't do that anymore. :lol:

I see both sides of this Cameron/RockinChippy dumpster fire thread.. but the guys at RigTalk seem to live to just bash anyone who puts themselves "out there".

The only way you win that one is - don't put yourself out there.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Rockinchippy does come across as a little DEUCEHY but hey, if he like's his amp collection then who the heck am I to judge anyone....It's not like I play professionally either.............. :lol: :roll:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:23 am Rockinchippy does come across as a little DEUCEHY but hey, if he like's his amp collection then who the heck am I to judge anyone....It's not like I play professionally either.............. :lol: :roll:
Yeah, I agree with that. He does put himself out there like that.. "Look at me ! Look what I have !" (and you don't !)

But at least we get to see and hear those amps.

It would be better if a real player played them and posted that. :D
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

This is funny though.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The GAME said:
*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Def Leppard are pleased to announce that for the final date of the 2022 Stadium Tour, they will be performing an all RockinChippy setlist. Please note that in true RockinChippy fashion, only 30 seconds from each song will be played. No refunds.

- Rock charade
- Bringin' on the Doug Aldrich heartbreak
- High 'n' Dry Cameron customers (except me)
- Me & my eight Camerons
- Not Foolin' Doug Aldrich
- Amp! shop! (Till you drop)
- Photograph my mancave
- Chippy's got a CCV (or three)
- Pour some circuit goop on me
- Armageddon more Camerons
- NAMM show Hysteria
- Have you ever needed a ninth Cameron so bad
- Make love like a manchild
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

What gets me is I just don't understand why someone would develop such a passion to collect amps like that without also having the passion to become as good a guitarist as they could - I guess one part is YouTube exacerbates all this, the influencer schtick and time it takes to do all of that
(growing your channel, filming, etc) which is time that could be spent playing guitar.

I could care less what anyone does as long as it brings them enjoyment and is in the realms of decency and I'm really not trying to bag on the dude because I really don't know him outside of this thread on euro-talk, but my god, this whole influencer culture and the shit it has bred just really irks me - and the way now the YouTubers are getting sig guitars and gear. I'm probably rambling - actually, I know I am haha
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Either way, it's the best thing going on the gear forums - the Cameron shit shows - it's comedy gold.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Watson503 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:04 am What gets me is I just don't understand why someone would develop such a passion to collect amps like that without also having the passion to become as good a guitarist as they could
It's the Poseur Factor.

They want all the glory and cred (forum cred too) of being a guitarist without actually working for it.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.