Kemper Klan

AXE FX, Kemper etc
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Kemper Klan

Post by RockyStar »

Let's talk about our Kemper rigs here along with sharing tips, tricks, do's and don'ts.
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Re: Kemper Klan

Post by Monkey Man »

Awesome sauce, Brother Rocky.

I love mine. Other than that I've got nothin'. :lol:
American computer (Mac), American DAW (DP), American audio & MIDI interfaces (MOTU), American guitars & basses, Kemper Rack, ROMplers
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Ha! Then that means you are happy and have no rig problems and all is well. :mrgreen:

That isn't a bad place to be...
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

True dat.

Best pice of kit I've ever bought.
American computer (Mac), American DAW (DP), American audio & MIDI interfaces (MOTU), American guitars & basses, Kemper Rack, ROMplers
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Would you guys like me to page BATMANSRIGTALK to come here and expound on his Kemper theory for you all to enjoy? :lol:

I hope you don't.................................................... :roll: :lol:
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

I take it he's not a fan.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

No to the contrary, he emphatically stated that no player could experience a feel or dynamics difference between a cranked tube amp scenario versus playing live with a Kemper.

When many ex and current Kemper owners stepped forward to state that they did in fact feel and difference between the two he would tell them that must have golden ears because there absolutely no difference between a Kemper amplified guitar signal and a tube amp amplified guitar signal.

It was a classic thread, I thought you were there for it MM? I swear you pitched in with you Kemper knowledge...

And this was after most of us said hey, the Kemper sound is definitely there and the modeling algorithms sound spot on the difference is in the feel and dynamics experience the player has using the two different technologies.
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

Of course, I remember it now, brother. Thanks for the refresher course man. :oops:

It was an entermataining thread. :lol:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Is Kemper coming out with a new product that is smaller in size than the floorboard and more in alignment with the size of the HX Stomp or thereabouts?

I would grab that if so. I have kicked the idea around of getting another one. I have the unpowered rack. I wish the power section in the powered Kemper was better.
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

AFAIK they've no plans for an intermediate-sized unit, Rocky, but the company understandably doesn't generally telegraph such things.

One issue with those mid-sized units is the space between toggle buttons. Peeps with big feet struggle with them.

IIRC the powered units come with decent Class D digital amps, which are flat-and-efficint, which is what you want in the case of the Kemper. You can however swap them out for 3rd-party amps AFAIK. (voiding warranty I think), so there's some choice at least. External tube power amps are an option too of course for those who wanna whack tubes onto tube emulations.