Should I Become A Kemper Whore?

AXE FX, Kemper etc
lll
Middle Manager

Should I Become A Kemper Whore?

Post by lll »

It intrigues me.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Should I Become A Kemper Whore?

Post by RockyStar »

Most definitely! I fought it for many years and my regret in doing so is that I did so. I have two of them and absolutely love them. They are a lot of fun and can do all kinds of cool stuff. I could see you really enjoying it with your clips and various tones etc. It really is a must have piece of gear in my book. It is misunderstood and falls victim to a lot of the "modeling rumors and lacking this or that" that most modelers do but it is not a modeler in its truest sense. If you can truly buy into the Kemper process and see it and understand it for what it truly is, one can't help but be amazed by it. You can truly capture everything you are hearing and you can tweak even more on top of that if you desire to do so. The capabilities are wonderful and in some ways even better than a real amp (tweak ability wise). I still love my tube amps, don't get me wrong but I am still and have been in love with the Kemper. Again, I wish I was in on it when it first came out. I fought it, misunderstood it and tried making it something it was never meant to be. Once I got over that, I wouldn't be without one now.

There are a couple of ways you can go about things with it and depending on those wants/needs it could warrant you going a few ways with the Kemper and which model, etc. The foot controller is a huge help so whether you go rack, powered or non powered, toaster it is a must to have with it. If you go with the floorboard Kemper unit (different that the traditional Kemper floor board / foot controller) you obviously don't need a foot controller but it isn't a powered unit. They do make a powered cab. Again, if you want to talk further and help figure out an approach, I have all kinds of info and true tested results on the various ways you can go and could save you some potential grief. Let me know.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

It's on the back burner for now.

Done thorough research on it and understand the controls, concept, etc...

Heard some killer tones but am aware that there's shit profiles out there.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Seeing as much as you like to record you would probably use the shit out of it and get some excellent results of of it. 8-)

Out of all the modeling technology the Kemper sounds the best to my ears and then Axe FX pulling up a close second.