Kemper Power Amp (Aftermarket Toaster Power Section)

AXE FX, Kemper etc
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Kemper Power Amp (Aftermarket Toaster Power Section)

Post by RockyStar »

I came across an aftermarket power amp supplier for non-powered Kemper toaster units. They have some nice features and one could say options/advantages (possibly) over the typical powered Kemper unit.

https://digitalguitargear.com/camplifier/
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Kemper Power Amp (Aftermarket Toaster Power Section)

Post by RockyStar »

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I have been extremely happy with my Matrix GT1000FX 2U mosfet power amp. I remembered when Dave Friedman was talking these things up when they first came out so I was a bit dubious as to whether or not they were as good as he said.

I finally bought one almost two years ago now and I love it, next to an old H&H power amp it actually reproduces the preamp signal authentically without much coloring of the tone at all and it punches well.

If you need an power amp for your Kemper I would encourage you to consider the Matrix unless you wants a tube power amp.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

harddriver wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:48 pm I have been extremely happy with my Matrix GT1000FX 2U mosfet power amp. I remembered when Dave Friedman was talking these things up when they first came out so I was a bit dubious as to whether or not they were as good as he said.

I finally bought one almost two years ago now and I love it, next to an old H&H power amp it actually reproduces the preamp signal authentically without much coloring of the tone at all and it punches well.

If you need an power amp for your Kemper I would encourage you to consider the Matrix unless you wants a tube power amp.
The Matrix is cool. I have no issue with it. I mainly posted this thread for people wishing to turn their non powered Kemper into a powered Kemper within the same machine. I have both and use the Fryette LX II power amp to run my non powered unit.