What Are You Listening To?

Yakk about your gear
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Post by Watson503 »

This album always reminds me of winter as a kid for some reason

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:39 pm

I've always wished there was a video of this show(s) ... this footage was in an Ozzy boxset but it's the only thing I have ever seen from the shows

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

sytharnia NZ wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:26 pm I've always wished there was a video of this show(s) ... this footage was in an Ozzy boxset but it's the only thing I have ever seen from the shows

I've always wished there was, also. Have you ever seen the broadcast MTV aired in the very early days from that tour? Now my memory (I was maybe 10 years old when it aired) always told me it was at the Ritz but Sarzo's book and the few other mentions I've found online - that's another thing, not very many remember seeing this - don't confirm the location being the Ritz. Anyway, MTV aired one of the Gillis sets and it was right after Ozzy had shaved his head and was wearing wigs to conceal the fact. During the encore, Ozzy (who had gone the entire show wearing a wig) rips the wig off and reveals his near-bald head...it was a trip to see as a kid hahaha It wasn't the same footage from the Speak Of The Devil dvd Sharon released in 2012 but was filmed and aired by MTV, Sarzo says for a Halloween special but I can't remember. Anyway...maybe one day that'll be dug-out of the vaults again.

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:40 am
I've always wished there was, also. Have you ever seen the broadcast MTV aired in the very early days from that tour? Now my memory (I was maybe 10 years old when it aired) always told me it was at the Ritz but Sarzo's book and the few other mentions I've found online - that's another thing, not very many remember seeing this - don't confirm the location being the Ritz. Anyway, MTV aired one of the Gillis sets and it was right after Ozzy had shaved his head and was wearing wigs to conceal the fact. During the encore, Ozzy (who had gone the entire show wearing a wig) rips the wig off and reveals his near-bald head...it was a trip to see as a kid hahaha It wasn't the same footage from the Speak Of The Devil dvd Sharon released in 2012 but was filmed and aired by MTV, Sarzo says for a Halloween special but I can't remember. Anyway...maybe one day that'll be dug-out of the vaults again.
wow no never heard about or seen that ... we really do need that out there don't we
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Chile has some great fucking talent there...here's Suppression's first full-length which I've been listening to for about a week now and really dig

Now for one of my favorite bands that's out these days - Altar Of Gore. Doing an Impetigo cover, too...classic!

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

This album here has some of the best versions of Priest (and Baez) songs - Genocide, The Ripper, Diamonds And Rust, and this one...Glenn and KK just rip throughout this, even if a lot of the fills were added later in the studio which they probably were