Musician's Friend / Guitar Center - Don't Buy From Them!

Yakk about your gear
lll
Middle Manager

Musician's Friend / Guitar Center - Don't Buy From Them!

Post by lll »

Same stock, same parent company, same difference.

I never got around to speaking up about this, but will say it now:

As some of you know, I have a UA Apollo rackmount for my DAW interface.

I purchased this unit approx. a year ago - going through Musician's Friend.

This unit is over $2K in price.

Anyways, the day came and the box was delivered.

I opened the box, and found scuff marks on the package box, fingerprints all over the unit itself, etc...

They charged me full price for either a return or a store demo!

Needless to say, I raised fucking hell with them. Eventually got a brand new one at a discount.

That being said, why bother buying an expensive item from Musician's Friend / Guitar Center when they have no qualms about giving you a used version? Fucking crooks.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Musician's Friend / Guitar Center - Don't Buy From Them!

Post by RockyStar »

They pull that shit all the time. You gotta watch them. If I ever talk to them I ask if it is a sealed box from the warehouse, not a return or demo, etc. I say if it is, it is coming right back.

According to their return policy, you could gig an amp and guitar and bring it back within the return timeframe and get a full refund with no questions asked. The gear could be beat to shit. Of course it will be restocked as new and sold at full retail. This can happen to the same gear time and time again.

We won't even get into my still not fully resolved credit card issue and hold placed on an order that has yet to be completely worked out 7 weeks later.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

RockyStar wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:40 pm We won't even get into my still not fully resolved credit card issue and hold placed on an order that has yet to be completely worked out 7 weeks later.
They still haven't refunded you? WTF????????
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

I think I am going to go buy a lottery ticket as today seems like a miracle day. GUITAR CENTER FINALLY GOT THEIR SHIT TOGETHER AND REMOVED THE HOLD AND REFUNDED THE TRANSACTION! We won't get into the order being fucked up and never fulfilled on a plug in download...lol. 7+ weeks to get back to square one. :roll:

I checked my bank and sure enough, the accounts match the corresponding email, etc. I think I will frame it!

:lol: