Upcoming Pantera Reunion...

Yakk about your gear
Watson503
Middle Manager

Upcoming Pantera Reunion...

Post by Watson503 »

...has really triggered the leftie "guitarists" across social media and the "guitar" forums. I know most have probably already heard the news but it seems Zakk and Charlie Benante will be playing in place of the late, great Abbott brothers, Darrell and Vinnie

ZAKK WYLDE On Coming PANTERA Tour: "It's A PANTERA Celebration"
Pantera will get together for a tour in 2023 to celebrate their iconic music. The band's lineup is currently Pantera vocalist Phil Anselmo and bassist Rex Brown, as well as Black Label Society guitarist Zakk Wylde and Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante. In an interview with Danny Wimmer Presents, Wylde said the tour is explicitly a celebration of Pantera's music and the musicianship of the late and great Vinnie Paul and Dimebag Darrell. Or as Wylde puts it, "you're celebrating all the mountains that Pantera conquered and crushed. I think it's a beautiful thing."
https://metalinjection.net/news/zakk-wy ... elebration
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: Upcoming Pantera Reunion...

Post by harddriver »

I doubt Vinnie or Dime would have a problem with a Tribute to the music that they created..............

If you think it's in bad taste you don't have to go.............. :roll: What a bunch of crybabies......... :roll:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

So are they calling this a Pantera tour? If so, It is wrong IMO. It is not Pantera or anything close to it. If it is a tribute to Pantera or something along those lines then I am fine with it. It is great music and would be nice to hear again live (Phil is questionable here) ;) but I digress. I am all for the guys getting together, and the fill ins are capable to do it justice. I just don't agree on the band being called Pantera. YMMV
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

My thoughts on it are kind of mixed, I think Dime would be happy with his friend Zakk filling-in for him, it is something I wrestle with the calling it "Pantera" as Dime and Vinnie founded the band and I've heard Charlie Benante is a real dick to fans (he's a great drummer and surprisingly guitarist, also) but yeah, that part there kind of throws me off but Anthrax and Pantera did tour and spend a lot of time together so maybe he was close with the brothers.

The thing that always gets me - aside from these idiots labeling them all "racists" now - is how they always slam Rita for profiting off of Dime's guitar sales - I'd bet anything if he could have things his way he'd never want her to have to work or at least make life easier for her by getting some income from his name and legacy as that's how it is when you love someone like that - but these asshole basement dwellers have never experienced that so they don't get it at all.

I'm interested as to what kind of venues they'll be playing, I'd definitely like to check this out.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

True. A lot of people run their mouths and say all kinds of ignorant shit without ever thinking about all the sides involved in any situation. My sticking point on all of this is if it is being called Pantera.

I get the name recognition and all that but there were issues with "Pantera" and it fractured. For it to come to this now with who is no longer with us and who formed that name makes me uneasy about it. Aside from that, as a band, I am sure the shows will be great and intense. All of that is good by me.
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

At first I was thinking great but no way should they call it Pantera ... now after a few days I think why not call it Pantera ... everyone knows this isn't Pantera with Dime and Vinnie and every knows this is being done to celebrate the band so what is the issue with it being label Pantera if it puts the bands music back in the spotlight for little while? ...i'm good with it
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

Ahhh...well isn't this convenient? Right on time, too - like clockwork!

I mean the video has been up for how many years now...? Pathetic. Funny thing is most in the comments don't even care haha

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:06 pm Ahhh...well isn't this convenient? Right on time, too - like clockwork!

I mean the video has been up for how many years now...? Pathetic. Funny thing is most in the comments don't even care haha

if black people use the term Nigger then it can not be deemed offensive... plain and simple so it is ok for every one to use it. Me and my mates call each other fag all the time as in "hey fag what you up to, wanna get a beer"? for us it is a term of endearment not a put down
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:06 pm Ahhh...well isn't this convenient? Right on time, too - like clockwork!

Predictable. These assholes pushing this stuff and trying to cause trouble are in need of some new tactics. We know well in advance of what is coming and how you are going to do it.