RockyStar
Grand Poobah

34 Years ago Today! Metallica releases And Justice For All

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: 34 Years ago Today! Metallica releases And Justice For All

Post by Watson503 »

I'm listening to it now over here. Great memories from the day this came out - I was in my second year of high school and two of my best friends who had cars skipped their last class and went to Sound Warehouse to buy the album so we could listen to it after school. I remember sitting there taking bong tokes and by the first flip of the first album thinking "where's Newsted?" I loved the album, regardless, still do to this day. We'd seen them at the Monsters Of Rock over the summer and would catch them touring this album later with Queensryche, to this day one of the best shows I've ever seen.

The internet - mainly Wikipedia - has really fucked the history of this up - it wasn't until last year or so they weren't saying it was released in August for some reason - even while Metallica's site said September. September 7th must be the worldwide release date because the album came out in the US on a Tuesday (not sure if it's still like this but all albums were released on Tuesdays) - some sites were saying it was released on the 5th which didn't happen in the US as the 5th was Labor Day that year and stores weren't open and just now I ran a google search and fuck me, there's even an article from LoudWire on the debate over the release date hahahaha I'm about sure it was September 6th as it was a Tuesday and we had been off school the day before celebrating Labor Day and the next day the smoking area was all abuzz talking about the album which I remember like it was yesterday.

https://loudwire.com/metallica-and-just ... ease-date/
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: 34 Years ago Today! Metallica releases And Justice For All

Post by RockyStar »

Back in the day release day was Tuesday and in other countries ( I believe) it was Friday or maybe a different day. I think they went to Fridays here a while back (forget how many years) so that it would be the same for everywhere around the world (if I am not mistaken). Regardless of the date, it was around now and a great day! I remember it like yesterday myself.