Elwood Francis' Bass Triggers Forumites & Djent Kiddies

Yakk about your gear
Watson503
Middle Manager

Elwood Francis' Bass Triggers Forumites & Djent Kiddies

Post by Watson503 »

It's funny seeing people on 7string of all places (and other guitar forums) where for years they've used 8 and 9 strings and barely used any of the real estate, mainly just chugging on the lowest string calling out Elwood for using this ridiculous bass onstage with ZZ Top the other night:

Hate to be such a negative Nancy, but using a 17 string bass for a song that only has two strings in the bassline, and then only using two (maybe three) of the string, the whole entire song, and not even going crazy over the big rockstar ending, is like buying a Dodge Viper, removing the engine, and replacing it with a 22 HP Wenkel rotary. It's like having a bottle of 1959 Dom Perignon and using it in your kid's bubble bath. It's like going on a first date, going to a nice restaurant, having a great time, really hitting it off with each other, inviting them in for coffee, and being told "Naw, I'm more of a tea drinker myself, so I'll pass."
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Elwood Francis' Bass Triggers Forumites & Djent Kiddies

Post by RockyStar »

You would think they would be all about that. What happened to just enjoying the music?
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Re: Elwood Francis' Bass Triggers Forumites & Djent Kiddies

Post by sytharnia NZ »

yeah it has been weird watching the outrage un fold .. I mean it's not like ZZ Top are known for using weird ass guitars or anything :lol: