PreSonus Studio 24C

CoolGuitarGear
Team Leader

PreSonus Studio 24C

Post by CoolGuitarGear »

No complaints. Very straight forward with no glitches or issues. That seems to be the feedback across the web.
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Re: PreSonus Studio 24C

Post by Monkey Man »

Renamed thread title from "PreSonus Sutdio 24C" to "PreSonus Studio 24C".

It'll be more likely to come up in search results now should someone look for it. 8-)
American computer (Mac), American DAW (DP), American audio & MIDI interfaces (MOTU), American guitars & basses, Kemper Rack, ROMplers
CoolGuitarGear
Team Leader

Post by CoolGuitarGear »

Monkey Man wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:45 am Renamed thread title from "PreSonus Sutdio 24C" to "PreSonus Studio 24C".

It'll be more likely to come up in search results now should someone look for it. 8-)
I bought the Sutdio version... limited edition with retard mode.
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

:lol:

The senses of humour in our little group continue to amaze me. We're so lucky to have... us. 8-)
American computer (Mac), American DAW (DP), American audio & MIDI interfaces (MOTU), American guitars & basses, Kemper Rack, ROMplers
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

CoolGuitarGear wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:39 pm No complaints. Very straight forward with no glitches or issues. That seems to be the feedback across the web.
Are the levels of quality across the brand board pretty much the same with the various mfg's?
CoolGuitarGear
Team Leader

Post by CoolGuitarGear »

RockyStar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:39 pm
CoolGuitarGear wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:39 pm No complaints. Very straight forward with no glitches or issues. That seems to be the feedback across the web.
Are the levels of quality across the brand board pretty much the same with the various mfg's?
I could be wrong... but most likely are doing the same bits and quality of audio. The biggest complaint has to do with the drivers (how well asio4all, etc., work with the computers). That's why you get some complaining about Focusrite, whereas there seems to be near zero issues with PreSonus. Great price and I never found bad reviews with PreSonus.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

CoolGuitarGear wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:57 pm
RockyStar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:39 pm
I could be wrong... but most likely are doing the same bits and quality of audio. The biggest complaint has to do with the drivers (how well asio4all, etc., work with the computers). That's why you get some complaining about Focusrite, whereas there seems to be near zero issues with PreSonus. Great price and I never found bad reviews with PreSonus.
I am wanting to get something so I can begin recording but I am such a noob on the home recording thing. I was thinking Universal Audio but am open. I want something I can use without going to school for ten years to figure out how to it. I also don't want to quickly outgrow it. I don't mind paying some money for something as long as it makes sense. I would rather do it right the first time or at least have it last me several years.
CoolGuitarGear
Team Leader

Post by CoolGuitarGear »

RockyStar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:05 pm I am wanting to get something so I can begin recording but I am such a noob on the home recording thing. I was thinking Universal Audio but am open. I want something I can use without going to school for ten years to figure out how to it. I also don't want to quickly outgrow it. I don't mind paying some money for something as long as it makes sense. I would rather do it right the first time or at least have it last me several years.
Anything that provides updates is good. Universal has been around for some time, as has PreSonus (they created the whole DAW concept that we regularly use today... Cakewalk, for example, was designed and based on the Studio One by PreSonus). Any of them should be mickey mouse... once you plug it in, it will ask which of the drivers you want loaded (they don't take up much room, and so, you can load all of them if uncertain).

I do have the JOGG here, by Hotone, but I don't use it. For some reason I had issues with its ASIO driver (that's the one you need) and it was not compatible with my music programs/DAW and Band-in-a-Box. That's the other issue... some devices and their drivers work harmoniously with different music programs better, which is why I went with PreSonus (and it was pretty inexpensive).
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

CoolGuitarGear wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:35 am
RockyStar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:05 pm I am wanting to get something so I can begin recording but I am such a noob on the home recording thing. I was thinking Universal Audio but am open. I want something I can use without going to school for ten years to figure out how to it. I also don't want to quickly outgrow it. I don't mind paying some money for something as long as it makes sense. I would rather do it right the first time or at least have it last me several years.
Anything that provides updates is good. Universal has been around for some time, as has PreSonus (they created the whole DAW concept that we regularly use today... Cakewalk, for example, was designed and based on the Studio One by PreSonus). Any of them should be mickey mouse... once you plug it in, it will ask which of the drivers you want loaded (they don't take up much room, and so, you can load all of them if uncertain).

I do have the JOGG here, by Hotone, but I don't use it. For some reason I had issues with its ASIO driver (that's the one you need) and it was not compatible with my music programs/DAW and Band-in-a-Box. That's the other issue... some devices and their drivers work harmoniously with different music programs better, which is why I went with PreSonus (and it was pretty inexpensive).
Cool, thanks for the feedback. What a bummer if you spent the cash for various things then all of a sudden they weren't compatible. :o

I will check out the PreSonus stuff. With the Universal Audio device I was thinking of getting it was going to be $1299 to $1700 range. I am sure that is more than I need but I didn't want to quickly outgrow it and would always rather have more available in the tank if needed. If I could get away with the same idea in play and save some cash, that would be even better. I keep putting it off because I am such a noob at the recording thing and I keep using money I would use for that to keep buying amps and pedals etc...lol. I know once I make the jump I am in. I need another amp or pedal like a hole in the head. :lol:
CoolGuitarGear
Team Leader

Post by CoolGuitarGear »

RockyStar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:36 pm Cool, thanks for the feedback. What a bummer if you spent the cash for various things then all of a sudden they weren't compatible. :o

I will check out the PreSonus stuff. With the Universal Audio device I was thinking of getting it was going to be $1299 to $1700 range. I am sure that is more than I need but I didn't want to quickly outgrow it and would always rather have more available in the tank if needed. If I could get away with the same idea in play and save some cash, that would be even better. I keep putting it off because I am such a noob at the recording thing and I keep using money I would use for that to keep buying amps and pedals etc...lol. I know once I make the jump I am in. I need another amp or pedal like a hole in the head. :lol:
All I do is plug and play. I have the PreSonus hooked up via USB and then I plug in my guitar and use plug-in... or floor modelers, etc. When I plug in my Fractal FM3, for whatever reason it recognized that as the interface and NOT the PreSonus. In that regard, and consider the FM3 has excellent drivers and is always updated, you can buy one for under 1k USD... have it as an interface, along with all the effects, cab sims, amps, etc. If you plug something into the FM3 (e.g., a different modeler, etc.), you simply can disengage any amps/cabs and use the effects... and still have the FM3 as your interface for your DAW. That's what most people do. I already had the PreSonus when I bought the FM3... then did two direct lines from the FM3 (stereo) into the PreSonus.