PreSonus Studio 24C

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: PreSonus Studio 24C

Post by RockyStar »

CoolGuitarGear wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:00 pm
RockyStar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:36 pm Cool, thanks for the feedback. What a bummer if you spent the cash for various things then all of a sudden they weren't compatible. :o

I will check out the PreSonus stuff. With the Universal Audio device I was thinking of getting it was going to be $1299 to $1700 range. I am sure that is more than I need but I didn't want to quickly outgrow it and would always rather have more available in the tank if needed. If I could get away with the same idea in play and save some cash, that would be even better. I keep putting it off because I am such a noob at the recording thing and I keep using money I would use for that to keep buying amps and pedals etc...lol. I know once I make the jump I am in. I need another amp or pedal like a hole in the head. :lol:
All I do is plug and play. I have the PreSonus hooked up via USB and then I plug in my guitar and use plug-in... or floor modelers, etc. When I plug in my Fractal FM3, for whatever reason it recognized that as the interface and NOT the PreSonus. In that regard, and consider the FM3 has excellent drivers and is always updated, you can buy one for under 1k USD... have it as an interface, along with all the effects, cab sims, amps, etc. If you plug something into the FM3 (e.g., a different modeler, etc.), you simply can disengage any amps/cabs and use the effects... and still have the FM3 as your interface for your DAW. That's what most people do. I already had the PreSonus when I bought the FM3... then did two direct lines from the FM3 (stereo) into the PreSonus.
Hmm...I have the Line 6 HX Stomp, two Kempers and a metric shit ton of heads and 4x12 cabs and a few power amps/Fryette power station and an old MacBook Pro laptop. I will laugh if I have something that could have worked all along and didn't know it. :lol:
CoolGuitarGear
Team Leader

Post by CoolGuitarGear »

Pretty sure the Stomp or Kemper can be used as an interface. It plugs in via USB and that's how it communicates. I have my PreSonus outs (same can be done with FM3) to a mixer, which goes to two speakers. That way I can play and listen through my monitors. But the actual communication between computer and interace is via USB.
CoolGuitarGear
Team Leader

Post by CoolGuitarGear »

RockyStar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:04 pm Hmm...I have the Line 6 HX Stomp, two Kempers and a metric shit ton of heads and 4x12 cabs and a few power amps/Fryette power station and an old MacBook Pro laptop. I will laugh if I have something that could have worked all along and didn't know it. :lol:
Forgot to quote you, but answer above.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

CoolGuitarGear wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:00 pm
RockyStar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:36 pm Cool, thanks for the feedback. What a bummer if you spent the cash for various things then all of a sudden they weren't compatible. :o

I will check out the PreSonus stuff. With the Universal Audio device I was thinking of getting it was going to be $1299 to $1700 range. I am sure that is more than I need but I didn't want to quickly outgrow it and would always rather have more available in the tank if needed. If I could get away with the same idea in play and save some cash, that would be even better. I keep putting it off because I am such a noob at the recording thing and I keep using money I would use for that to keep buying amps and pedals etc...lol. I know once I make the jump I am in. I need another amp or pedal like a hole in the head. :lol:
All I do is plug and play. I have the PreSonus hooked up via USB and then I plug in my guitar and use plug-in... or floor modelers, etc. When I plug in my Fractal FM3, for whatever reason it recognized that as the interface and NOT the PreSonus. In that regard, and consider the FM3 has excellent drivers and is always updated, you can buy one for under 1k USD... have it as an interface, along with all the effects, cab sims, amps, etc. If you plug something into the FM3 (e.g., a different modeler, etc.), you simply can disengage any amps/cabs and use the effects... and still have the FM3 as your interface for your DAW. That's what most people do. I already had the PreSonus when I bought the FM3... then did two direct lines from the FM3 (stereo) into the PreSonus.
Nice! I am considering something unique or creative like that (at least to me since it is non traditional) as a lot of the units are out of stock. I really like the Arturia Studio Fuse but it is out of stock and I am not purchasing from woke companies.