Music Room Lighting

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Music Room Lighting

Post by RockyStar »

What is the best way to go about lighting your music room?

What works?

What should you stay away from?
Findthetone1
Office Gopher

Re: Music Room Lighting

Post by Findthetone1 »

Stay away from fluorescent and neon lighting. I'm going to redo my tiny music room and all lighting will be LED
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

What about dimmers?
Findthetone1
Office Gopher

Post by Findthetone1 »

RockyStar wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:37 pm What about dimmers?
Traditional dimmers I have been told can cause noise but I don't have any personal experience with them. I plan on using led bulbs and strip led lighting for ambiance than can be dimmed via an Amazon echo and hopefully it won't cause any noise. My house is 120 years old though so clean power is not a thing :(
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Findthetone1 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:05 pm
Traditional dimmers I have been told can cause noise but I don't have any personal experience with them. I plan on using led bulbs and strip led lighting for ambiance than can be dimmed via an Amazon echo and hopefully it won't cause any noise. My house is 120 years old though so clean power is not a thing :(
I have heard dimmers are bad but I would think that with all the new lighting scenarios now a days there is a way to do it without noise. I guess another idea is have lights you use for recording and other lights you flick on for other things. I personally wouldn't like the atmosphere to be the same without the option for change but that is me.
Findthetone1
Office Gopher

Post by Findthetone1 »

RockyStar wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:08 pm
I have heard dimmers are bad but I would think that with all the new lighting scenarios now a days there is a way to do it without noise. I guess another idea is have lights you use for recording and other lights you flick on for other things. I personally wouldn't like the atmosphere to be the same without the option for change but that is me.
I totally agree. I want to be able to create a warm atmosphere to encourage some creativity. I don't record at all anymore and I want to try and get back into it a little so whatever helps...
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Findthetone1 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:35 pm
RockyStar wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:08 pm

I totally agree. I want to be able to create a warm atmosphere to encourage some creativity. I don't record at all anymore and I want to try and get back into it a little so whatever helps...
I'm with you there on whatever helps...lol.